I am from Taiwan and currently work in Taiwan. The reason I am interested in contributing OERu is that I have met many nice teenagers who dropped out from formal schooling because they could not fit in the learning environment created by existing education system. They like to study in their own pace and style or they just could not sit in rows in the classroom listening to the lectures for an hour without hands-on practices. If their parents were in a higher socioeconomic level, they might have the chances of being homeschooling or enjoy more individualized instruction. I see OERu as their, anyone who has missed the formal schooling for any reason during the regular school years, second chance for getting educated and merging back to mainstream of society, if OERu could provide quality courses.
- 1 My CV:
- 1.1 EDUCATION
- 1.2 EXPERIENCE
- 1.3 PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
- 1.4 PUBLICATIONS
- 1.5 PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
ATHABASCA UNIVERSITY, Alberta, Canada. 2009 ~
Doctoral student in Distance Education. Unpublished research papers:
- Basic Principles of Interaction for Learning in Web-Based Environment (2010)
- Teaching for Understanding Framework in Practice (2010)
SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY, San Diego, CA 92182-7416, U.S.A. July, 2009
Master of Art (Advanced to candidacy), Educational Technology, May 2009. Selected as student instructional designer to re-design the online modules for a blended teaching course at School of Business Administration in SDSU. Conducted a research on components of syllabi in higher Education and a research on assessing teaching presence in computer-mediated conferences. Created a set of job aids for online teachers. Designed an online educational game.
Research papers: The Component of Syllabus:
- A Study on syllabi from US Leading of Education Programs (2007)
- Assessing Teaching Presence in Instructional Computer Conferences (2008)
NATIONAL CENTRAL UNIVERSITY. Jhongli, Taoyuan County 32001, Taiwan
Bachelor of Art. Chinese Literature and Language, July 1977.
2007-present WIDE WORLD PROGRAM, HARVARD GRADUATE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
- Worked with the course instructor to successfully facilitate quality learning of 5 courses
- Responded effectively to learners’ completed assignments and drew on the course material to enhance learners’ work as educators
1987-2004 928 GROUP COMPANIES
Software Designer, Product Manager, Vice President
- Led creative development of several award winning software application
- Organized quality assurance activities that were awarded TickIT certification from BSI
- Performed needs and audience analysis that advanced the successful completion of software applications
1993-1995 CENTRAL CHINA NORMAL UNIVERSITY & WUHAN UNIVERSITY
- Taught e-learning and e-publishing to a large class of undergraduates
1988-1989 CHILDREN’S DAILY NEWS
Special Assistant of Chief Editor
- Contributed to initiate this new media organization successfully
AMERICAN EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATION, Volunteer Research Paper Reviewer
IRRODL, open access journal, Volunteer Research Paper Reviewer
Lulee, S. T., & Liu, H. (1996). Follow Me to the Multimedia World. Beijing: Beijing Institution of Technology Press.
Lulee, S. T. (1996). Learn with Me - Multimedia Authoring System. Beijing: Science and Technology Document Publishing House.
Lulee, S. T. (2008). Assessing Teaching Presence in Instructional Computer. Educause Connect.
Lulee, S.T. (2007). Group learning on line. In B. Hoffman (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Educational Technology.
Lulee, S. T., & Gong, Z. K. (2002). Design and Development a Platform for Networked Instruction. Conference paper for The Sixth Conference for Global Chinese Computer-Based Education (GCCCE).
Lulee, S. T. (1997). Create Your Own Multimedia Database. Multimedia World, 1.
Lulee, S. T. (1995). Audio in Multimedia Content. Multimedia World, 5.
American Educational Research Association (AERA)
Association for the Advancement of Computer in Education (AACE)