Who I am
My name is Soni Dubey.Iam doing Zoology(H) from Acharya Narendra Dev College afilliated to Delhi University.
- Playing games
- teasing my friends
- eating various type of food.
HABIT AND HABITAT: Patella is sluggish and marine, found attacked to the rocks.
1. Patella is a small and oval body is elongated and bilaterally symmetrically segmented.
2. It is oval and rounded without operculum.
3. Head is distinct bears a pair of snout, sensory tentactles and eyes.
4. Foot is ventral, broad and flat used for creeping and adhering.
5. True mantle cavity is restricted anteriorly.
6. the ctenidia or gills have disappeared.
Habit and habitat: Chiton is a sluggish, marine animal found attacked to the rocks.
Body is elongated, bilaterally symmetrical and dorsa- ventrally compressed.
It consists of shell, foot, mantle and the visceral mass.
Shell composed of a series of eight calcareous pieces.
Foot is flat and ventral.
Mouth and anus are at opposite ends.
Head is not distinct. Eyes and tentacles are absent.
Mantle covers the main part of the body and covered the shell plates.
Foot is ventral, muscular with a flat sole exe whole extending along the length of the body.
Habit and habitat- Pila globosa is commonly found in pond, tanks.
1) Pila is soft body of the animal is enclosed in a shell.
2) Shell is spirally coiled round an axis called the collumella and opens outside by the mouth or aperture.
3) Operculum is well developed and close the aperture or the mouth of the shell.
4) Soft body consist of head, foot and visceral mass.
5) foot is muscular and flat and serve for creeping.
6) Head lies on the upper side and bears two pairs of contractile tentacles.
7) Visceral mass consists of the main organs of the body.
8) Visceral mass is spirally coiled and covered by mantle to pallium.
HABIT AND HABITAT: Dentalium is marine and found in the sand at the depth.
1) Body is bilaterally symmetrical and enclosed in a tubular shell open at both end.
2) soft body of the animal is enclosed in a shell.
3) Body consist of head, foot, mantle and visceral mass.
4) Foot is long and conical, protrudes through the anterior opening of the shell and is used in burrowing.
5) Anus lies behind the base of the foot.
6) Radula is well developed.
7) Gills are absent.
8) Vascular system is poorly developed without distinct head.
9) A pair of nephridia is present.
10) Eyes absent and Oocytes present.