The Functions of the Family in the Caribbean
- In contemporary society, the functions of the family continue to be modified to satisfy the needs of the different family structure which exist.
Some functions of the family are:
- Biological Function
- Economic Function
- Cultural Function
- Educational Function
The Biological Function
This function is very important for the following reasons -
- The continuation of the human species through reproduction
- Satisfaction of the sexual needs of both husband and wife
The Economic Function
This function is very important for the following reason -
- An income is necessary to provide members of the family with food, shelter and clothing.
- Mothers are also becoming the breadwinners of the family to assist in other financial duties such as health and recreation.