My name is Charles M. Q Deya. I am an East African citizen who is Kenyan by birth.Although my work title varies with my present engagements ,I often describe myself as a social justice crusader and development worker.
I am easily accessible by email at email@example.com
I have held jobs and accomplished tasks in communications, programme administration; logistics, & supply chain management; advocacy, training & capacity building; publishing & documentation; Information & Communication Technology; community service and general management. My academic training and working environments have further enabled me to experientially sharpen my professional skills in these capacities. Professional Interests
I am a fast learner who blends and adapts effectively and efficiently with new environments, situations and persons. I also hold a clean and valid driving license, and an unrestricted Kenyan passport and East African passports.
- Reading / writing literature and poetry and Other forms of art,
- Contributing to debate/discourse on current affairs and development,
- Charitable and developmental causes.
Summary of Tasks Accomplished
- Organized, co-hosted and moderated several conferences, workshops, capacity building and training programmes in East Africa.
- Developed and is coordinating programmes in Lake Victoria basin
- Establishing programme for application of ICTs for rural development
- Designed and was in charge of production and distribution of The East African Journal of Human Rights and Democracy (ISSN 1686-900x)
- Established (and managed) Programme on ICT and Human Rights/ Democracy in the East African region.
- Established Concept, Initiated and managed programme on EA Human Rights Network
- Developed and managed an effective procurement and Supply Chain Management system for the East African Human Rights Institute.