BHUIYAN SHAMEEM MAHMOOD EBNA HAI
To develop a dynamic career in a completely educational and research environment where obtained technical knowledge and skills will have the opportunity to be thoroughly utilized and the same time experience in the relevant field will be enhanced with perfection. Prepared to face and handle any career odds and possessed firm determination to fight all obstacles to march ahead in the competition.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: (Chronologically reversed)
Erasmus Mundus MSc in Mathematical Modeling in Engineering 2012. University of L' Aquila, Italy and University of Hamburg, Germany.
MSc in Industrial Mathematics 2012 University of Hamburg, Germany.
B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering 2008 University of Dhaka [Military Institute of Science & Technology (MIST)];
H.S.C 2003 Government Science College [Dhaka Board-Science];
S.S.C 2001 Narinda Government High School [Dhaka Board-Science];
GRADUATE PROJECT WORK:
Project Name: Project on Multiple Bifurcations of Sample Dynamical Systems. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Angelo Luongo, University of L' Aquila, Italy
Projects Name: 1. A simple model of the liver microcirculation.
2. Study of wind effect on cylinder with hexagonal cross-section. 3. Fluid motion in the posterior chamber of the eye.
Supervisor: Dr. Rodolfo Repetto, University of Genoa, Italy
Projects Name: How Does The Catalytic Converter Function? Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Gasser Ingenuin, University of Hamburg, Germany
Projects Name: Existence & convergence analysis of thickness optimization of an elastic beam. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Winnifried Wollner, University of Hamburg, Germany
UNDERGRADUATE PROJECT WORK:
Project Name: Pneumatic Speed Control System
Supervisor: 1. Associate Professor Dr. Arif Hasan Mamun, ME Dept. BUET; 2. Assistant Professor Sumon Saha, ME Dept. BUET; 3. Assistant Professor Toufiqul Islam, ME Dept. BUET;
Thesis Name: Study of Aerodynamics of a Cricket Ball
Supervisor : 1. Capt. M Munir Hossain, (E) BN; Head of ME Dept (Ag). MIST; 2. GP. Capt. Md. Abdus Salam, psc; Head of AE Dept (Ag). MIST;
a) Study on Mechanical Product Based Small and Medium Enterprises of Bangladesh and Improvement of A Selected Product. b) An experimental investigation of wind load on tall buildings with hexagonal cross-section. c) Design and construction of a sub-sonic wind tunnel and Study of Wind effect on Tall Buildings with Octagonal Cross-Section. d) Design and Analysis of Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) By Using NACA 0012 Aerofoil Profile. e) Design and Development of a small wind turbine in Bangladesh prospects. f) Design and Construction of a subsonic wind tunnel and study of aerodynamics over a full body aircraft. g) Design and construction of an experimental setup for determination of thermal contact conductance. h) Design,construction,andAnalysisofasolarheater. i) Observation of Rogue Wave in Water Wave Tank (In progress)
AWARDS AND ACHIEVIEMENTS:
a) “MIST Merit list Scholarship-2007” awarded by the Department of Mechanical Engineering of MIST for 1st Merit position in Level-4 of academic session 2006-2007. b) “MIST Dean’s list award-2007” for earned highest average GPA 3.88 in Level-4 (Term I and Term II) of academic session 2006-2007. c) “MIST Merit list Scholarship-2006” awarded by the Department of Mechanical Engineering of MIST for 1st Merit position in Level-3 of academic session 2005-2006. b) “MIST Dean’s list award-2006” for earned highest average GPA 3.89 in Level-3 (Term I and Term II) of academic session 2005-2006. e) “MIST Merit list Scholarship-2005” awarded by the Department of Mechanical Engineering of MIST for 2nd Merit position in Level-2 of academic session 2004-2005. f) “MIST Merit list Scholarship-2004” awarded by the Department of Mechanical Engineering of MIST for 5th Merit position in Level-1 of academic session 2003-2004.
a) Md. Abdus Salam, Bhuiyan Shameem Mahmood Ebna Hai. “Study on Mechanical Product Based Small and Medium Enterprises of Bangladesh and Improvement of A Selected Product”. vol 2, pp 26-30, Galaxy, 2010 [ISSN: 2073-6444]. b) Kaniz Ronak Sultana, Dr. Amalesh Chandra Mandal, Bhuiyan Shameem Mahmood Ebna Hai. “An Experimental Investigation of Wind Load on Tall Buildings with Hexagonal Cross-Section”. vol 2, pp 56-62, Galaxy, 2010 [ISSN: 2073-6444]. c) Bhuiyan Shameem Mahmood Ebna Hai, Md. Abdus Salam. “Study of Aerodynamics of a Cricket Ball”. vol 1, pp 23-25, Galaxy, 2009 [ISSN: 1999-2009]. d) Bhuiyan Shameem Mahmood Ebna Hai. "Emergence of MIST in Educational Sector in Bangladesh". vol 2, pp 23, Fusion, 2006.
Position Title: Research and Teaching Assistant Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Radoslaw Iwankiewicz, Prof. Dr. Florian Bünger Department: Institute of Mechanics and Ocean Engineering and Institute of Numerical Simulation Company Name: Technical University of Hamburg (TUHH), Hamburg, Germany
Position Title: Research Assistant (HiWi) Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Norbert Hoffmann, Advisor: Mr. Amin Chabchoub Department: Institute of Mechanics and Ocean Engineering Company Name: Technical University of Hamburg (TUHH), Hamburg, Germany
Position Title: Data-base Software Developer Company Name: Hanseatic Real Estate Hamburg, Germany
Position Title: Lecturer Department: Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering Department Company Name: Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Bangladesh
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES (MEMBERSHIP):
1. Engineering Education and Career Program (EECP) (ID: 0103276; www.eecp-edu.org). 2. Mechanical Engineering Students’ Association (MESA). 3. Live Journal. 4. Science Blog. 5. ASME (ID: 100034095; www.asme.org). 6. ResearchSEA (www.researchsea.com). 7. MetaPress (ID: 523-13-339; www.springerlink.com). 8. Open Directory Project (ODP) (www.dmoz.org). 9. BSME. 10 IEB (on processing). 11. EWRI (on processing).
Operating System: Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP and Vista. Programming: C, C++, Fortran. Computer Aided Design: AutoCAD. Engineering Simulation Software: Matlab, Femlab, Gambit & Fluent. Software Packages: MS office applications, etc.
Four weeks industrial training from 26 November 2006 to 20 December 2006 at PHP FLOAT GLASS INDUSTRIES LIMITED, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
1. Bangladesh Machine Tools Factory (BMTF), Gazipur 2. Ananda Shipyard & Slipways Ltd. Meghana Ghat. 3. Bashundhara Shahjalal Newspaper Ltd. Meghana Ghat. 4. Bangladesh Ordnance Factories (BOF), Gazipur . 5. Bangladesh Air Force Base, Basser, Dhaka Cantonment. 6. Milk Vita, Mirpur ,Dhaka 7. BOC Bangladesh, Dhaka 8. Gas Power Plant of BUET, Dhaka.
OTHER ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVIEMENTS:
1. Participated and successfully completed (Position-4th) “Hand writing competition in Dhaka city” under “Vaskor Shisu Kishor Shongothon” in 1992. 2. Participated and successfully completed the “6th Annual Training Camp” under Bangladesh Scouts, Dhaka Metropoliton from 22 to 26 February 1998. 3. Participated and successfully completed the “6th Bangladesh National Scout Jamboree” from 05 to 11 February 1999. 4. Participated and successfully completed the “5th Bangladesh National Cud Camporee” from 12 to 16 February 2000. 5. Participated and successfully completed the “7th Annual Training Camp” under Bangladesh Scouts, Dhaka Metropoliton from 06 to 10 March 2000. 6. Participated and successfully completed “Programmer for reading books by student of class XI” arranged by “Bishwa Shahitya Kendra” in 2001
STRENGTHS & INTERESTS:
• Leadership ability in Teamwork and Strong communication skills. • Enthusiastic in challenging working field, Effective at time management and prioritizing tasks to achieve deadlines. • Possess positive, outgoing and can-do attitude. • Have good analytical, quantitative & presentation skills. Developed ability to produce reports and presentations to professional standard. • To work hard and ability to take decisions independently. • Having self initiative to achieve goals. • Proficient in assessing data and formulating solutions.
Excellent written & verbal communication ability in English. All instructions during undergraduate study (Theory and Sessional) were conducted in English.
Reading books, traveling, Internet browsing, playing Indoor and Outdoor games like cricket, football, chess, and watching movies and documentation.
Father’s Name Bhuiyan MD. Abdul Hai. Mother’s Name Begum Sufia Jahan Perveen. Date of Birth September 01, 1985 Place of Birth Dhaka Nationality Bangladeshi (by birth) Gender Male
1. DR. MD. MAKSUD HELALI, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Bangladesh University of Engineering And Technology (BUET), Dhaka-1000; Bangladesh.
2. CAPT. M MUNIR HASSAN, (E) BN, Head of Mechanical Engineering (ME) Department,
Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Mirpur Cantonment, MIrpur-12, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh,
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
3. GP. CAPT. MD. ABDUS SALAM, psc, Head of Aeronautical Engineering (AE) Department,
Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST),
Mirpur Cantonment, MIrpur-12, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. PROF. DR. RODOLFO REPETTO
Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, University of Genoa, Via Montallegro 1, 16145, Genoa, Italy. Tel: +39 010 3532432, Fax: +39 010 3532546, e-mail: email@example.com
5. PROF. DR. WINNIFRIED WOLLNER ￼￼￼ Departement of Mathematics,
University of Hamburg Bundesstrasse 55, 20146 Hamburg, Germany Tel: +49(0)40428385988 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
￼￼ 6. PROF. DR. RADOSLAV IWANKIEWICZ
Institute of Mechanics and Ocean Engineering, Technical University of Hamburg (TUHH), Eißendorfer road 42 (M), 21073 Hamburg, Germany. Tel: +4940428782333, Fax: +4940428782028, e-mail: email@example.com