I am a post graduate in Computer Science and Education. I am presently working as an Assistant Professor at the Institute of Distance and Open Learning at University of Mumbai.
My aim is to utilize my capabilities and knowledge in blending ICT in education, inculcating research attitude and building potential and capable teachers of tomorrow.
Assistant Professor, Institute of Distance and Open Learning, University of Mumbai
B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D. (Computer Science), M.Ed, SET, P.G.D.M.E
- Machine Intelligence, Stanford University.
- Understanding Research Methods, University of London
- Data Scientist Tool-Box, John Hopkins University
- Questionnaire, University of Michigan
- Mining Massive Datasets, Stanford University
- Statistical Reasoning for Public Health: Estimation, Inference and Interpretation – John Hopkins University
- Spoken tutorial on Python, Linux, MySQL & PHP organized by University of Mumbai in collaboration with Spoken tutorial projects, I.I.T. Bombay.
- Diploma in Yoga from ‘The Yoga Institute’- Santacruz East, Mumbai.
- Orientation Program at UGC’s Academic Staff College, University of Mumbai.
Researcher, Teacher Educator, Scientist and a life long Learner. Have been contributing through wikieducator since March 2011. I have been previously affiliated with the Department of Computer Science, University of Mumbai as a full-time Post-Graduation Teacher, Aishabai College of Education and Rizvi College of Education as a Teacher Educator.
My other affiliations include:
- Member of Question Setters for Staff Selection Commission of India (West Zone) 2016.
- M.Sc. Statistics (Department of Statistics, University of Mumbai)
- M.Sc. Bio-Technology (Department of Bio-Technology, University of Mumbai)
- M.Sc. Computer Science (Institute of Distance and Open Learning, University of Mumbai)
- M.Sc. Information Technology (Institute of Distance and Open Learning, University of Mumbai)
- Masters of Computer Application (Institute of Distance and Open Learning, University of Mumbai)
- M.A. Electronic Media (Department of Communication and Journalism, University of Mumbai)
I have also worked as a key member in the University of Mumbai’s Examination Panel (for Post Graduation courses of Computer Science and Information Technology). I have authored several Self-Learning materials (SLM) for Institute of Distance and Open Learning of the University of Mumbai.
I am very actively involved in research for inculcating ICT in Education and Diagnosis of Learning Disabled using Artificial Intelligence.
My specializations include:
- Blending ICT in Education
- Action Research
- Education Management
- Guidance and Counseling
- Inclusive Education
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Networks and Data Mining
My beliefs are engraved in the educational philosophy of John Dewey stating that Education is life itself.
My beliefs reiterate the idea that children should be educated in a way which give them real, guided experiences and foster their capacity to contribute to society. Education should have students be involved in real-life tasks and challenges. Progressive education is essentially a view of education that emphasizes the need to learn by doing. I believe that human beings learn through a 'hands-on' approach and such learning can never be forgotten. This means that students must interact with their environment in order to adapt and learn. The same idea is true for teachers and that teacher and students must learn together.
My view of the classroom is deeply rooted in democratic ideals, which promotes equal voice among all participants in the learning experience. I support and feel strongly about an interdisciplinary curriculum, or a curriculum that focuses on connecting multiple subjects, where students are allowed to freely move in and out of classrooms as they pursue their interests and construct their own paths for acquiring and applying knowledge. The role of the teacher in this setting would be to serve more as a facilitator than an instructor.
MY LECTURE LINKS AND BLOGS
My Lecture Links
- IIS Installation
- ODL Regulations of 2017
- Satellite Communication Intro
- How to save and Run J2ME Program