User:Neeti m/B.Sc.(H)Chemistry-part-II/House Exam Computer XII-2008
(Computers and their Applications to Chemistry)
1. Write the full form of the following:
(i) ASCII (ii) BASIC (iii) MSDOS (iv) CDROM (v)ALU
2. Which of the following cannot be used as file name in BASIC? Give reason.
(i) New (ii) Boltzmann (iii) Quadratic (iv) 1myfile (v) Save
3. Write commands for the execution of the following jobs on a computer in DOS.
(i) Make a new subdirectory named chemist in C:\
(ii) View the list of files and folders in C:\ page wise.
4. Write commands for the execution of the following jobs on a computer in BASIC language
(i) print the word welcome on the screen
(ii) clear the output screen
5. (a) Express the following as BASIC expressions
(i) y = ax2/2b + c/3d
(ii) Z = Ae-2x/RT
(b) Name two devices that can be used as input as well as output devices
(c) Which one of the following is not a storage device
(i) pen drive (ii) scanner (iii) CD (iv) monitor
6. The following is program to calculate the product of first N natural numbers.
(a) Identify the errors in the program
(b) Write the corrected program
20 PRINT “PRODUCT OF FIRST N NATURAL NUMBERS
30 INPUT N
40 FOR I= 1 TO N
60 P= P*I
70 NEXT N
80 PRINT P