User:Neeti m/B.Sc.(H)Chemistry-part-II/House Exam Computer XII-2005
(Computers and their Applications to Chemistry-2)
1. Write the full form of the following:
(i) RAM (ii) BIT (iii) DOS (iv) ASCII (v)BASIC
2. Which of the following cannot be used as file name in BASIC. Give reason.
(i) List (ii) Maxwell (iii) Boltzman1 (iv) 1math (v) hello
3. Write commands for the execution of the following jobs on a computer in DOS.
(i) Copying a file MYFILE.BAS from C drive to A drive as MYFILE2.BAS
(ii) Viewing all the files in C drive together with their details, page wise.
4. Specify which of the following can be used as input or output or both devices?
(i) Scanner (ii) Keyboard (iii) Monitor (iv) DVD (v) Printer (vi) Hard disk
5. Indicate the error in the following program. Write the corrected program.
10 PRINT A
20 INPUT A,B
30 FOR I = 1 TO 10
40 FOR J = I+1 TO 10
45 C= 0: D = 0
50 C = A + I + C
60 D= B + J + D
70 NEXT I
80 NEXT J
90 PRINT C, D
6. Write a program to calculate mean and variance of the following data: