Designing a Tour Package
What is a Tour Package
Things to Consider
- what is the product range available - draw a checklist
- what are the distances involved
- are similar tours available, and if so, what edge will the tour present over the others
- climate - what is the appropriate season for activities
- facilities - what facilities are available, e.g. accommodation (type and locality), transportation, equipment for specific activities (skiing, mountain climbing, snooker, swimming, etc.) - use only legitimate facilities, i.e. is the lodge/motel or the jeep for safaris licensed, how many passengers is the boat licensed to carry, and are all legal documents up to date?
- target market - is it the youth, middle aged or retired people, all of the above; specific clienteleike the clergy, teachers, medical personnel, hoteliers, women's/men's league, etc.
- length of the tour, in days
- cost of the tour - transportation, accommodation, meals, entry fees to attraction sites + charges for activities
- price of the tour, i.e. cost + mark-up, must be competitive.