I am Ebenezer Miezah Kwofie, a lecturer at the Energy Systems Engineering Department,Koforidua Polytechnic in Ghana. I also serve as the Head of Energy Systems Engineering Department. I currently lectures in Engineering Thermodynamics, Alternative Energy Resources and Energy Systems Design at the Energy Systems and Mechanical Engineering department. I am also a part-time lecturer at the Institute for Educational Development and Extension, University of Education, Winneba, Ghana where I lecture in Basic Chemistry and Health at the Post Diploma level. I have being working as youth activist with a vision to Engage,Encourage,Equip and Empower young people to ENABLE them develop the requisite leadership skills,knowledge and understanding to make that dream realised.
- MSc Industrial Engineering,(Specialization in Quality and Environmental Management), University of Borås, Sweden. (2010)
- Diploma in Financial Management, Institute of Commercial Management, UK. (2007)
- BSc (Hons)Chemical Engineering, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi Ghana. (2006)
|2010 - 2011||Energy Systems Engineering Dept, Koforidua Polytechnic, Koforidua||Lecturer/Researcher|
|2007 – 2009||Energy Systems Engineering Dept, Koforidua Polytechnic, Koforidua||Snr. Instructor/Researcher|
|2008||Ghana Energy Foundation||Energy Management Trainee|
|2004||Sulphide Treatment Plant, Anglogold Ashanti Company Ltd.||Industrial Attaché|
I have working in the area of Energy and Environmental with special interest in Energy Systems Design, Environmental Management Systems, Environmental risk analysis and Environmental perspective of Renewable energy (Biofuel and biogas).
- Vehicular Emissions and it impact in Koforidua
- Residential Energy System Utilization trend in Ghana:Case study of the New Juabeng Municipality.
- Environmental Management System for Oil Based Communities - Analysis and design
- Municipal waste Characterization and Usage for Biogas Production – Case study of Koforidua Polytechnic
- Examining the Bio-ethanol Potential of food waste from the Koforidua Municipal Market
- Development and Implementation of Environmental Management System in Universities. (2010)
- Examining the potential of cocoa Pods as catalyst for biodiesel production.(2008)
- Comparative Analysis of the Effect of Catalyst on Biodiesel Production. (2007)
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATION
- C. Ofori-Boateng E.M. Kwofie, D. K. Bedu (2010) Social and Political Stability. Recipe for Economic Growth in the Era of Ghana’s Oil Discovery World Applied Sciences Journal 11 (5): 582-585, 2010 ISSN 1818-4952 © IDOSI Publications, 2009
- C. Ofori-Boateng and E.M. Kwofie (2009) Water Scrubbing: A Better Option for Biogas Purification for Effective Storage World Applied Sciences Journal 5 (Special Issue for Environment): 122-125, 2009 ISSN 1818-4952 © IDOSI Publications, 2009
- Mensah M. Y, Brew-Hammond A, Momade Y, Darkwah L, Kwofie E. M, Kotey, C (2007), Biofuels in Ghana: A Status Report, Bio-Energy Africa Journal, (special edition for biofuels)
- Kwofie E.M., Gustafsson L., Axelsson E., (2010), Development and Implementation of Environmental Management System in Universities: Case Study of four Swedish Universities. Presented at the Conference of Environmental Coordinators for Swedish universities, 8 -12 May, 2010 Malmo, Sweden.
- Kwofie E.M. (2010), Oil waste in Niger Delta: Case study of Funiwa No. 5 Blowout. Presented at School of Engineering Conference, University of Borås, Sweden, April 25, 2010.
- E. M. Kwofie, C. Kotey, Bedu D. K.A, (2009), Oil Resource Management - Recipe for Political and Social Stability. Presented at the 2nd International Applied Research Conference from 21st -23rd April, 2009 in Koforidua, Ghana.
- E. M. Kwofie, C. Kotey, Awarikarbey E, (2008), Examining the potential of cocoa Pods as catalyst for biodiesel production. Presented at the international conference on environment 2008 (ICENV2008) from 15 -17th December, 2008 in Penang, Malaysia.
- M. Y. Mensah, E. M. Kwofie, C. Kotey (2008), Feasibility of Electricity generation from municipal solid waste in Ghana – a waste management technology. Presented at the Sixth International Conference - ORBIT 2008 from 13 - 15th October 2008 in Wageningen, the Netherlands
- M. Y. Mensah, E. M. Kwofie, C. Kotey & F. Kemausuor (2007), Compost Stormwater Bioremediation: A Pollution Prevention Technology, Presented at the 33rd WEDC International Conference, Accra, Ghana, 2008
- Kwofie E. M, Kotey C, Agyenim-Boateng K, (2007), Comparative Analysis of the Effect of Catalyst on Biodiesel Production, Presented at the 2007 National Energy Symposium, Accra, Ghana, 30th October to 3rd November, 2007.
- Obeng E., Kwofie E. M. (2007), Renewable Energy Training In Ghana - A Case Study Of Koforidua Polytechnic Presented at the 2007 National Energy Symposium, Accra, Ghana, 30th October to 3rd November, 2007.
Journal Papers Under Review
- Kwofie E.M., Gustafsson L., Axelsson E., (2010), Development and Implementation of Environmental Management System in Universities: Case Study of four Swedish Universities.
- Kwofie E.M, Ashalley E (2011) Environmental Risk Assessment of Oil Waste in the Niger Delta - Lessons for Ghana
- Kwofie E.M, Ayetor G, (2011) Quality perspective of Engineering Education in Ghana: A case study of Automotive Engineering Department, Koforidua Polytechnic
- Kwofie, E. M., Dwomoh F. A., Nyanteh E., Amanfi M., Tei A.L (2011) Characterization of solid waste and evaluation of recycling potential – a case study of the Koforidua polytechnic
Textbook Afrane G., Kwofie E. M., Thermodynamics for Polytechnics The manuscript has undergone an internal peer review process and corrections have been made and re-submitted. Manuscript is now undergoing an external review process.
My Website, blog and contact particulars
- Email Address:firstname.lastname@example.org
- My Blog:http://paamiezah.blogspot.com/
- Office Address:Energy House (Behind the Getfund Hostel,
Energy System Department Koforidua Polytechnic P.O.Box 981, Koforidua
Website for courses
- Basic Chemistry and Health: https://sites.google.com/site/iedekdua/
- Engineering Thermodynamics: https://sites.google.com/site/soethermodynamics/home