Hi, I am mahendran.
This is my user page of Wiki. I have created an account in Wikieducator and navigated to this page.
E-Learning can be simply described as learning through electronic media like computer, laptops, smart phones, tabs.etc. It can be specific to learning on the internet. Nowadays e-learning has become essential for most of the educational institutes and students find it easy and interactive. An e-learning system provides students with course details,timetables and also provide some interactive quizzes and exercises. Many e-learning websites are available where students can make use of it. These websites are highly dynamic and engage students for longer duration in the course. There are many e-learning mobile apps available today. These e-learning apps are very interesting with quizzes and they even evaluate the students. They help the students to prepare for competitive exams and motivates them. These apps are compact and easy to use. They are popular because of their portability. The e-learning system might change the way of education in student's life in the future.(Beal, n.d).
- E-learning is possible with digital devices like smart phones, tabs, laptops, desktops , etc.
- E- learning allows students to be highly interactive with the application.
- E- learning is scalable and they can be updated with the new ideas, thoughts, more programs, topic and exercises.
- E-learning eliminates class-based training and this facilitates students to learn at their convenience.
- Expensive environment set up is not required.
- With E-learning there is no requirement of hard copies of papers and thus resource usage is limited and environment is saved.
- Many competitive exams are also conducted digitally and also the system evaluates the performance of the students and gives the results. Example ISTQB exam conducted through online.
- Nowadays there are many Android or iPhone apps available for E-learning.
- There are also dedicated devices for E-learning like Amazon kindle.
- The main advantage of E-learning is the study material is always available in the device or online so this makes easier for the students. There is no need to maintain notebooks or take notes
Mahendran (talk) 07:34, 11 April 2016 (UTC)Social TechnologyMahendran
Beal, V. (n.d). E-learning. Retrieved from </strong>http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/E/e_learning.html
Ferriman, J. (2013). 7 awesome advantages of elearning. Retrieved from http://www.learndash.com/7-awesome-advantages-of-elearning/
Social Technology for learning
The social web tools have become popular in learning. The web tools help the teachers to create interactive courses and avoid hassles and easier to use. There is no need for the teachers to learn any coding and the tools are simple to use.
There are various web educator tools like:
- Google docs
The web 2.0 is a phase of the web or new ways used for collaborating, sharing, editing user-generated content online. Web 2.0 has more interactive and dynamic web pages. It helps in education. Teachers and students can easily work on it.
There are many online Digital Learning technologies provided for the teachers to make a course.
There are community tools for digital learning. These range from wiki to many social networking sites.
Edmodo is a community tool designed for educators. Edmodo is a social platform for students and teachers to education. Edmodo allows teachers to create a class group and add course topics. The class ID is provided to the students to log into the community for learning. This tool is easy to use for teachers and students. Teachers can learn it quickly and create an interactive course for students.
Muthler, S. (2015, May 08). The best interactive web tools for educators. Retrieved from http://www.edudemic.com/best-web-tools/
Community tools. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://web2014.discoveryeducation.com/web20tools-community.cfm
Web 2.0 tools. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://web2014.discoveryeducation.com/web20tools.cfm
Adding components to User page
Digital Learning Technologies
Digital Learning Technology is learning with the digital content by using a technology.
APA reference of digital learning from Wikipedia
Digital learning. (2014). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_learning
'Digital Learning Technology'
Syntax highlighting is a feature of text editors that are used for programming, scripting, or markup languages. The feature displays text, especially source code, in different colors and fonts.
Web 2.0 has provided many tools to facilitate digital learning.
There are tools like:
* Presentation tools
* Video tools
* Mobile tools
* Community tools
<title> Digital Laerning Technologies</title>
Mahendran - Now 'U' kNow Blog updates - RSS FEED
Failed to load RSS feed from http://smahendrancs.wix.com/mycomics/feed.xml: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed