WORKSHOP ON THEMATIC STRANDS WEDNESDAY 30TH MARCH 2009.
The Theme Culture and Heritage is almost self explanatory.Children need to be taught about the way life of their people.Their historical and ethnic origins.They need to have a basic understanding of their ancestors and any aspects of their lives that are impacting on theirs today.They will be engaged in field trips to historical sites,researches on the origins of their village and communities to help build their knowledge base on who they are. They need to learn what foods , dress, music,speech, entertainment,traditions and folklore that is truly theirs.This can be done through research from rgistry and churches and interviews with the elderly in their communties.The churches cannot be underestimated in our communities especially the older ones like the Roman Catholic, Methodist, Anglican and Presbyterian for their wealth of historical information.
- Time Continuity and Change
- Individual Development and Identity
- Individuals Groups and Institutions
- People Places and Environment
- Power Authority and Governance
- Production Consumption and Distribution
- Civic Ideals and Practise