User:Leila Boyle/My wikiproject
STATS 10x Assignment 1, Question 6: Useful Microsoft Excel skills for good tabular presentation
The purpose of this project is to provide an appropriate and helpful environment for STATS 10x students to learn relevant Microsoft Excel skills to do the required table for Question 6 of their first assignment.
Presentation of Data in Tables
cf Lecture Workbook: Chapter 2, page 1 (right-hand side)
There are two roles for tables:
- To convey information quickly and easily. Guidelines:
- Round drastically
- Arrange the numbers you want compared in columns, not rows
- Sort by appropriately chosen column(s)
- Use row and column averages if appropriate
- To make data available for detailed checking and/or analysis.