Lesson 1:Citing sources of information (Bibliography)
This is a modified version of a lesson plan was originally prepared by the participants of the Library & Information Literacy Pilot Project, spearheaded by School Library Services, Trinidad & Tobago.
Intellectual property issues
Strategies/Questions to Guide Learning:
- Why do you need to know this information?
- Show different media and explain how copyright affects them all.
- How to locate the different pieces of information needed for bibliographies e.g. recording year, place, company, etc.
Instructional Focus/Content Sequenced
MLA format sequence of recording information.
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Computer studies
- Social Studies
- Important of citing information.
- Know the difference between original work and copies. It involves money and jail.
Make bibliographies available in the library