My Adult Learning Reference List
Here I am compiling some of the references used in various papers and projects I am working on in my doctorate program.
- Brock, S. E. (2010). Measuring the Importance of Precursor Steps to Transformative Learning. Adult Education Quarterly, 60(2), 122-142. doi: 101177/0741713609333084
- Cameron, D. R. (1997). Self-Directed Learning: Toward a Comprehensive Model. Adult Education Quarterly, 48(1), 18-33. Retrieved from http://www.sagepub.com/journals/Journal200765
- Gilbert, L. (1983). Educating Rita [Motion Picture]. United Kingdom. Sony Pictures.
- Knowles, M.S., Holton, E.G., & Swanson, R.A. (1998). The adult learner: The definitive classic in adult education and human resource development. Houston, TX: Gulf Publishing Company
- Kolb, D.A. (1984). Experiential learning: experience as the source of learning and development. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Merriam, S. B., Caffarella, R. S., & Baumgartner, L. M. (2007). Learning in adulthood: A comprehensive guide (3rd ed.). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass
- Mezirow, J. (1997). Transformative learning: Theory to practice. New Directions for Adult & Continuing Education, (74), 5. Retrieved from http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/%28ISSN%291536-0717
- Sandlin, J. A. (2005). Andragogy and its discontents: An analysis of andragogy from three critical perspectives. PAACE Journal of Lifelong Learning, 14, 25-42. Retrieved from http://www.iup.edu/ace/publications/default.aspx
- Song, L., & Hill, J. R. (2007). A conceptual model for understanding self-directed learning in online environments. Journal of Interactive Online Learning, 6(1), 27-42. Retrieved from http://www.ncolr.org/jiol/
- Terry, M. (2006). Self-Directed Learning by Undereducated Adults. Educational Research Quarterly, 29(4), 29-39. Retrieved from http://erquarterly.org/