Unit : 1
- Introduction and Measurement
What is Physics?
- Scope and excitement;
- Physics in relation to science, society and technology;
- Need for measurement of  physical quantities,
- units for measurement, systems of units-SI :
- fundamental and derived units.
- Dimensions of physical quantities.
- Dimensional analysis and its applications.
- Orders of magnitude,
- Accuracy and errors in measurement –
- random and instrumental errors,
- Significant figures and rounding off the numbers.
- Graphs, Trigonometric functions,
- Concepts of differentiation and integration.