- 1 User page boilerplate
- 2 My profile
- 2.1 Education
- 2.2 My interests
- 2.3 My wiki projects
- 2.4 Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
- 2.5 My Sandbox
User page boilerplate
|Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes
|Teacher & Student
|Spanish & English
My name is Gerardo Dueñas Acevedo but everyone calls me Geras. I am an English teacher working at the UAA. Working here at this university has been such a wonderful experience so far. I have learnt a lot of things about myself and I have discovered that in order to be a better teacher you have to keep on working hard to achieve not only your personal but my professional goals.
I really like this phrase which was written by an unknown author "You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough." To me, this phrase means that you have to take advantage of all the opportunies that you face every single day in order to succeed in life.
1. Elementary School: Colegio "Fray Pedro de Gante" (Loreto, Zacatecas)
2. Middle School: "Francisco Goitia" (Loreto, Zacatecas)
3. High School: Colegio de Bachilleres Plantel Loreto (Loreto, Zacatecas)
4. College: Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes: B.A. in Language Teaching (Aguascalientes, Ags.)
5. Additional Courses: As part of my professinal education as an English teacher, I had the great opportunity to be part of a SEP-COMEXUS program called Talleres de Verano and I stayed at the University of Arkansas for one month.
As part of my interests, I would say that I really like reading and watching movies. There is one book that I certainly like and it is called "Mary, Mary" by James Patterson. In addition I like watching movies. There is one that did really call my attention a lot and it is "Alice in Wonderland." This movie is indeed full of adventures and extreme experiences. One final thing that I do enjoy doing consists of spending my time with my friends.
Personal goals for this semester
- What I would like for this new semester is to continue working hard to improve my students' knowledge.
- I would like to learn how to speak French; therefore, this semester besides teaching the English language, I will dedicate my time to the practice and learning of the French language.
- I would like to become a better language teacher by applying more challenging activities to help students become better language learners and users of the second language.
Becoming a better communicator of English
This can be achieved
- I am interested in studying a Master's Degree next year. I think this would be important in order to continue improvimg myself as an English teacher. One of my dreams consists of teaching in the B.A. in English Language Teaching.
My wiki projects
My optional community service (learning contract) project
|By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.
| Brief description of project
| <Enter a brief description of the content resource or WikiEducator project you would like to work on here>
| Target date for completion
| <Specify the target date for completion --- you choose the date which can be after the completion of this workshop>.
| <Login and with the rich text editor click on the "Insert signature" button above: .>
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Add note here