- FULL NAME
Prof. Rotimi Ayodele Gbadeyan, Professor of Marketing, University of Ilorin.
- PERMANENT HOME ADDRESS
- Otun Road, Ekan Kwara State, Nigeria
- CURRENT POSTAL ADDRESS
- Department of Marketing, Faculty of Management Sciences, University of Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria
AREA OF INTEREST:
Small Business Marketing
Health care Marketing
INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED (with dates)
a) University of Ilorin 2003-2008
b) University of Ilorin 2000-2002
c) Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria 1990-1992
d) Ahmadu Bello University Zaria 1985-1988
e) Kwara State College of Technology, Ilorin 1982-1984
f) Iloffa Grammar School, Iloffa 1977-1982
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION (WITH DATES AND GRADING BODIES)
- Ph.D. Business Administration Senate, University of Ilorin, 2008
- M.Sc Management Science Senate, University of Ilorin, Oct. 2002
- B.Sc (Hons) Business Administration Senate, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Aug. 1988
- Interim Joint Matriculation Board (O & A Levels) Aug. 1984
- General Certificate of Education/ West Africa Examination Council (OLevel) May/June, 1982
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION AND DIPLOMAS(WITH DATES AND GRANTING BODIES)
- Student Member-Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria. Registration No. 47754
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)Senate, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria Jan. 1992
- Daura Local Government Secretariat -NYSC (1988/1989)
- Administrative Manager - Fathom Enterprises, Ikate Surulere, Lagos(Sept. 1989- Oct.1990).
- Kwara State Printing and Publishing Corporation, Ilorin *April 1992 - Advert Representative I (Lagos Office)
- July 1995 - Promoted Assistant Advert Manager
- February 1997 - Promoted Deputy Advert Manager
- March To May 1997 - Acting Advert Manager
- September 17th – Resigned Appointment with the Corporation
- 1997 – Teaching at Beautiful Gate International School, Ejigbo Lagos (Sept. 18th 1997 to Sept. 1998)
- 1997 – Part-Time Lecturer, Ondo State Polytechnic (NISTECH centre), Lagos (May 1997 to Sept. 1998)
- 1998 – Lecturing – Assistant lecturer: 18th September, 1998 to August 31st 2003)
- Department of Business Administration, University of Ilorin
- 2003 – Promoted lecturer II (Oct. 1st 2003 – 31st Sept. 2007).
- 2007 – Promoted to Lecturer I (Oct. 1st 2007 – June 13, 2011)
- 2010 - Directorate of Technical Aid Corps, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abuja deployed to Sierra Leone as Guest Lecturer, Institute of Public Administration and Management (I.P.A.M), Department of Business Administration, University of Sierra Leone, Freetown (13 January, 2010 till date).
LIST OF SELECTED PUBLICATONS WITH DATES AND PAGES
- HOME BASED PUBLICATIONS
- Gbadeyan, R.A. (2000): “Marketing Strategies: their impact on consumption habit of the poor” Ilorin Journal of Business and Social Science. A Publication of Faculty of Business and Social Sciences, University of Ilorin, Nigeria. 6(2); 110-129.
- Gbadeyan, R. A. (2000): “Problems and Prospects of Cooperative Societies in Nigeria: A Case Study of Kwara state” Ilorin Journal of Business and Social Sciences. A Publication of Faculty of Business and Social Sciences, University of Ilorin, Nigeria. 7(1);105-118.
- Gbadeyan, R. A. (2003): “The Dynamics of Trade Union Movement and Politics of Wage increase in Nigeria. Advances in Management. A Journal Publication of Department of Business Administration, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria. 3 (1);71-78.
- Olujide, J.O. and R.A. Gbadeyan (2006): “Social Marketing Concepts and the Nigerian Situation. Ilorin Journal of Sociology. A publication of Department of Sociology, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria. 2 (1); 118-125.
- Adepoju, G. K. A and R. A. Gbadeyan (2008):“Ethical considerations in the promotion and Advertisement of Traditional Herbal Medicines in Nigeria” Advances in Management. A Publication of the Department of Business Administration, University of Ilorin, Nigeria; 24 – 35.
- Gbadeyan, R. A.(2009):“Role of Television Advertising in Nigeria” Ilorin Journal of Sociology, A Publication of Department of Sociology, University of Ilorin, Ilorin Kwara State Nigeria. (Letter of Acceptance dated 16th June,2009).
CHAPTER IN BOOK
- Gbadeyan, R. A. (2000): “The Marketing of New products and products Failure” in Olujide, J.O. and J. A. Bamiduro. Elements of Marketing, Publication of Department of Business Administration, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria;116-133.
- Gbadeyan, R. A. (2003): “Marketing of Social ideas and the “unmentionables”: Problems and challenges: in Olujide, J.O. and J. A. Bamiduro. Elements of Marketing, Publication of Department of Business Administration, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria; 9-19.
- Gbadeyan, R. A. (2003): “Trends in Private Education Business in Kwara State: Management Implications”. The Abuja Management Review. A Publication of Faculty of Management Sciences, University of Abuja. 1 (3); 1-15.
- Ebiai, A; E.M. Adefila and R. A.Gbadeyan (2005): Employee’s Assessment of the leadership styles for better organizational performance: A case study of Maiduguri Flour Mills Ltd. Sahel Analyst. A Publication of the Faculty of Social and Management Sciences, University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri, Nigeria.7(1); 73 – 82.
- Adefila, J.J., R. A Gbadeyan and G.K.A. Adepoju (2005): “Marketing and the use of herbal drugs in Nigeria: A survey of Maiduguri metropolis”. Al Mahram Journal of Trans-Saharan Studies. A Publication of centre of Trans-Saharan Studies, University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri, Nigeria. 2 (1); 17-25.
- Gbadeyan, R.A ( 2006): Effect of Government Marketing Environment on Agricultural Development : A Survey of Kwara State Commercial Farming Initiatives. Adamawa Business Journal. A Publication of the Department of Business Administration, Adamawa State University. Mubi Nigeria. 1 (2); 118-127.
- Gbadeyan, R.A and J.O. Adeoti (2008):Total Quality Management in Nigerian Oil Marketing Company :A Study on Mobil Oil Nigeria Plc. Adamawa Journal of Management and Decision Analysis. A Bi-annual Publication of the Department of Business Administration, Adamawa State University. Mubi Nigeria. 1(2); 123-128.
- Gbadeyan, R .A (2009): Children’s Perception of Television Commercial in Lagos State, Nigeria. African Research Review. An International Multi Disciplinary Journal, Ethiopia.3(2); 334-346.
Available online at http//www.ajol.info/indexphp/afrev/ …RA…Gbadeyan
- Olujide .J .O and R.A. Gbadeyan (2010): Assessing the Effectiveness of the Marketing of the Pre-shipment Inspection Services in Nigeria. European Journal of Social Sciences. 12 (3); 441 – 446.
Available online at http//www.eurojournals.com/ejss_12_3.htm
- Gbadeyan, R. A. (2010): Customer Relationship Management and Hospital Service Quality in Nigeria. African Research Review. An International Multi Disciplinary Journal, Ethiopia.4(2); 168 – 184.
Available online at [www.ajol.info/index.php/afrev/article/view/58300] http//
- Gbadeyan, R. A. (2010): Content Analysis of Selected Television Commercial to Children in Lagos State, Nigeria. African Journal of Marketing Management.2 (5); 101 – 106. Available online at http//www.academicjournals.org/ajmm/PDF/pdf2010/Aug/Gbadeyan.pdf
- Gbadeyan, R. A. (2010): Health Care Marketing and Public Relations for Not For Profit Hospitals in Nigeria. International Journal of Business and Management.5 (7); 117 – 125. Available online at http//www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ijbm/article/view/5514
- Olujide J. O; R. A. Gbadeyan and M. A. Aremu(2010): Social Marketing and Public Health Campaign in Nigeria. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business.2 (5); 512 - 531. Available online at http//www.ijcrb.webs.com /archives.htm
- Gbadeyan, R. A. (2010): Direct Marketing to Online Social Network (OSN) Users in Nigeria. International Journal of Marketing Studies.2(2); 275 – 282. Available online at http//www.ccsenet.org/journal/indexphp/ijms/article/view/8141
- Olujide J. O; S.L. Adeyemi and R. A. Gbadeyan (2010): Nigerian Electorates’ Perception of Political Advertising and Election Campaign. Research Journal of Social Sciences. 1(5). Pp 52 – 60. Available online at http//www.aensionline.com/rjss_jan – dec _2010.htm
- Gbadeyan, R. A. (2010): De – Marketing of Harmful Products in Nigeria. Pakistan Journal of Social Sciences.7(6) ; 449 – 455. Available online at docsdrive.com/pdfs/medwelljournals/pjssci/2010/449 – 455.pdf
- Gbadeyan, R. A. (2011): Political Marketing Strategies and Democracy in Nigeria. Asian Journal of Business and Management. 3 (1); 8 – 17. Available at www.maxwellsci.com/jp/j2p.php?jid=AJBM
- Gbadeyan, R. A and O. O. Akinyosoye – Gbonda(2011): Barrier to effective Implementing MBA E – Learning Programme: A Survey. Journal of Applied Sciences Research.7(3): 213 – 221. Available at www.aensionline.com/jasr/jasr/2011/213 - 221.pdf
- Gbadeyan, R. A (2011). Private sector’s contribution to the development of housing market in Nigeria.Current Research Journal of Social Sciences. 3(2): 104 – 113. Available at maxwellsci.com/jp/abstract.php?jid=CRJSS&no=104&abs=09
- Bamiduro, J. A. and Gbadeyan, R. A (2011). Small Scale Farming and Agricultural Products Marketing for Sustainable Poverty Alleviation in Nigeria. Canadian Social Sciences.Vol 7 No 3 Pp 125-132
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Writing of poems