(: Hey -- well done! I see that you're working ahead of the group :-) Keep up the impressive work! Wayne Mackintosh 05:25, 24 March 2009 (UTC))
Today, Monday 23rd March, 2009, a workshop sponsored by Commonwealth of Learning (COL) is conducted at the National University of Samoa, Apia. SAMOA. This workshop is facilitated by Dr. Wayne Mackintosh the actual founder of Wiki Educator. And you are currently seeing some of the keen participants of this workshop
- How can we establish a national open resource development in Samoa?
- Funding is perhaps the most important issue to look at in trying to establish this,and the role of donor agencies in creating partnership with client countries becomes more vital.
- Advocate policies at all levels concerning open educational resources.This is going to involve participants at Parliment,Ministries,Private Sectors and Individual citizens.
- Raise public awareness.
- Initiate workshops for training of trainers.
- With the access of Secondary schools now to Information Technology and Internet infrastructure,through the Ministry would be an effective way of reaching out.There are projects that are currently underway eg: ESPII and School Net which supports this initiative.
- It is a fact that every Ministry,organization and institution needs an educator in someways,to let them be aware of the all the help and sharing that Wikieducator can provide in terms of open source software.
- Training is essential to all users of Wikieducator.
- Egovernment affects all sectors of the country.eg: Education,Health,Sports,Politics etc..
- Strategies: Education:
Group 2 Members
- Foilagi Faamau
- Tanya Seiuli
- Aniseko Fruean
- Pemerika Sakai
- Melvin Solomona