This is your personal user page in WikiEducator. Tell us a little about yourself ..... be bold and try an edit now by starting to fill out your user page. This is a great way to practice your new wiki skills :-).
Hi, I am Elizabeth Towns, a mathematics teacher at a private girls school in Auckland, New Zealand. I wish to learn to learn some new skills so that I can transfer them to other jobs.
I have a B. Sc from Auckland University and a Diploma in Teaching.
I love the outdoors and spend a lot of time walking and travelling. I also play tennis and read both fiction and non fiction in my limited spare time. My Booklist
I teach Mathematics from year 7 level up to Maths with Calculus.[[Image:
I have recently become a 1st time grandmother and greatly enjoy spending time with 3 week old Lauren.
(: Wow! Congratulations dear. Blessings to little Lauren.--Dr. Gita Mathur 09:37, 31 July 2010 (UTC))
My wiki projects
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| <Enter a brief description of the content resource or WikiEducator project you would like to work on here>|
| Target date for completion
|| <Specify the target date for completion --- you choose the date which can be after the completion of this workshop>.|
|| <Login and with the rich text editor click on the "Insert signature" button above: .>|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
(: Hi Elizabeth, Welcome to this workshop eL4C41. I am your facilitator along with Anirban, Derek & Sarita. We will help you and will watch your page develop. Enjoy this learning mode and ask for help if needed. Warm Wishes.----Dr. Gita Mathur 17:46, 22 July 2010 (UTC))
- Good start, keep working here & you will soon reach certifications--Dr. Gita Mathur 17:52, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- (: Hi Elizabeth, Cheers! You just got your first certification. Now fill up your info box and learning contract. I am watching your progress.--Dr. Gita Mathur 07:59, 27 July 2010 (UTC))
- When I click on the insert /edit link, then nothing happens and I do not know where to write the Learning4Content.None of the rich text buttons work. Please help. thanks
- Re: Hi Elizabeth, If you do not see the edit buttons, it means you are not logged in. Click on the 'Log in" on top right of your page & enter username & password in the relevant boxes. Your name should be on top of the page near the human icon if you are logged in. Hope this will solve your problem. Click on the 'Edit' button on right of the section you want to edit. Learning contract is the table/box just above this Feedback section.--Dr. Gita Mathur 01:58, 29 July 2010 (UTC) Thanks but my name is there so I am logged on but still nothing happens.
- Re: Hi Elizabeth, The fact that you could leave this note means that your edits are working. I think you are clicking on Insert/Edit on your desktop & not Userpage. To insert a file or image you have to Upload it to WE server. So, click on 'Upload file' button on the left under toolbox. See if this helps.--Dr. Gita Mathur 03:27, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
- (: Hi, It would be nice if you fill up your Learning Contract in the above box. Click on the 'edit' on right of 'My optional community service (learning contract) project' and fill the details. --Dr. Gita Mathur 01:31, 30 July 2010 (UTC))
* Hello Elizabeth, as your Group C facilitator, it is a pleasure for me to see that you have developed such a nice userpage. I look forward to reading your contributions here. Warm wishes--Dr. Gita Mathur 13:30, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
Learning4ContentMy Sandbox Dog
- Year 11 Mathematics
- Year 10 Mathematics
- Year 7 Mathematics
- Decimal http://www.nzmaths.co.nz/ao/identify-and-order-decimals-three-places