My name is ERIC OFOSU-DWAMENA. I am a Ghanaian, born on October 20, 1961. I come from Pepease-Kwahu, in the Eastern Region of Ghana. I am married with three children. They are all girls. I am a Christian and a member of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana. The languages I speak are English and Twi.
I attended University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast where I read for the B. Ed degree in Primary Education in 1998 and for the M. Phil Degree in Educational Administration and completed in 2005. I also hold a Teachers' Diploma in Education which I obtained in 1991 at the then Advanced Teacher Training College, now University Of Education, Winneba and a Teachers' Certificate 'A' from the Presbyterian Training College, Akropong-Akwapim.
I have taught in schools and colleges mostly in the Eastern Region of Ghana. These include Abetifi Presbyterian Training College, Abetifi-Kwahu. E/R., Sept. 2003 – 2007; Kibi Presbyterian Training College, Kibi. E/R, Sept. 1998 – 2001; The Salvation Army Secondary School, Akim-Wenchi. E/R, Sept. 1991 – 1993; Catholic Jnr. Sec. Sch., Pepease-Kwahu, E/R, Sept. 1985 – 1988; Local Authority Continuation Mid. Sch., Pepease-Kwahu, E/R, Jan. ‘85 – Aug. ‘85; Local Authority Middle School, Ampekrom-Nkawkaw, E/R., Sept. ’84 – Dec. 84. I taught mathematics in most of the schools and colleges.
- Tutors’ and Students’ Perceptions of Discipline in Teacher Training Colleges in the Eastern Region of Ghana: 2003.
- Teaching Probability in Primary Six: 1998
- The Impact of Diamond Mining on Education in Akwatia: 1991
- Out-door Activities: A Technique of Teaching: 1984.
- Overall National Best Teacher - 2006
- Deans Award of Academic Excellence, University of Cape Coast, 1994.
At the moment I am a Lecturer at the Centre for Teacher Development and Action Research, Winneba Campus. You may contact me at Centre for Teacher Development & Action Research, IEDE, UEW, Winneba, Post Office Box 25, Winneba, Central Region. Or on Cell Phone No: 233-20-816-9339.
Monitoring and Evaluation of Student Internship Programme of UEW, Student Perceptions of Internship Programme,Discipline in Schools and Colleges.
- Administrative and researching skills; organisation & planning; teamwork and independent working skills; ICT and presentation skills; interpersonal and communication skills, resourceful, a clear commitment to excellence.
- Vice Principal (Academic), Abetifi Presbyterian Training College, Abetifi-Kwahu. 2005 – 2007
- Chairman, Academic Committee, Abetifi Presbyterian Training College, Abetifi-Kwahu 2005 – 2007
- Member: District Teacher Support Team, (Mathematics), Kwahu South District 2004 – 2007
- Tutor, Centre for Continuing Education, UCC, Abetifi Centre. 2003 – 2007
- Chairman, ICT Centre, Abetifi Presbyterian Training College, Abetifi-Kwahu. 2003 – 2007
- Class Tutor, Abetifi Presbyterian Training College, Abetifi-Kwahu 2004 – 2005
- Coordinator, Teaching Resource Centre, Kibi Presbyterian Training College, Kibi. 1999 – 2001
- Group Counsellor, Kibi Presbyterian Training College, Kibi. 1998 – 2001
- President, Rotaract Club of University of Cape Coast. 1997 – 1998
- National Secretary, Okwahu Student’s Union. 1996 – 1997
- House Master, The Salvation Army Secondary School, Akim-Wenchi. 1991 – 1993
- President: Student’s Representative Council, Advanced Tr’s Trn. College, Winneba. 1990 – 1991
- Member: Mathematical Association of Ghana. 1993 to Date
- Participant, Integrating ICT into Education, PTC, Akropong Akwapim June 2006
- Participant, Capacity Building for TTC Tutors in ICT Education, Accra. October 2004
- Participant, Developed Instructional Methodologies in Mathematics, Saltpond. Sept. 2000
- Reading, Learning new things, Surfing the internet, Athletics
- Mr. E. K. Asante
CETDAR, IEDE Univ. of Education P. O. Box 25 Winneba
- Dr. Yaw A. Ankomah
Inst for Edu Plan’g and Admin University of Cape Coast University Post Office Cape Coast.
- Rev. Fred Appertey,(Principal)
Abetifi Presby. College of Edu P. O. Box 19 Abetifi-Kwahu.
ARTICLES / JOURNALS
SPEECHES / PRESENTATIONS