A work in progress
I have joined one of the Wikieducator workshops http://wikieducator.org/Learning4Content/Workshops/eL4C46/Home to:
- find out more about open educational resources;
This video of is a good summary of all things good about OERs http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSidecap#p/a/u/1/gbyuuuPDctw while this http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSidecap#p/a/u/1/gbyuuuPDctw talks about the impracticalities.
- become familiar with the Wikieducator interface; and
- meet other like minded educators from around the world.
I work as a learning designer with the elearning group at the Centre for Academic Development, University of Auckland. I have used wikis in different contexts and find the usefulness varies with the type of integration in teaching/learning which in turn in largely influenced by the platform. All the following have been developed using the Pbwiki platform that I find quite user friendly-maybe because I am more used to the interface:
- Educational web 2 http://educationalweb2.pbworks.com/
- Web 3D/virtual worlds in education http://virtualenvironments.pbworks.com/
- Learning design and teaching
I am still finding my way around Wikieducator interface that uses Mediawiki.
Ideas for wiki projects
- join an existing group and add to the resources already created-need to find out what the different projects are and if I can contribute to one
- start a new wiki page for a new resource-this could the webquest resource that I have created and used for the webquest workshops
- repurposing existing content/resource for the wiki interface-this can also be an open source version of an existing professional development programme e.g. LTO project in collaboration with other interested institutions such as USP or furthering collaboration with the antipodean contributors of the Epigeum project.
Learning contract (tentative)
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| I would like to develop a resource on webquests for inquiry based learning.|
| Target date for completion
|| Early 2011|
|| --Ashwini Datt 02:45, 2 November 2010 (UTC)|
This where I will practice text formatting and trial different wiki syntax