- 1 eL4C34 Free Online Workshop Objectives
- 2 Reflection
eL4C34 Free Online Workshop Objectives
Day 4 - Formating text in the wiki
- Introduce wiki text;
- Learn how to bold and italicise text;
- Add headings and subheadings;
- Learn how to:
- add bullets,
- and add lists.
- Create internal links - My userpage
- Create external links - Google Portugal
- Create a new page - My Test page
- Explain blue internal page links - internal links to other pages in WikiEducator
- Explain red internal page links - internal links to pages which don't exist yet
- Explain piped links - links where the hyperlinked (underlined, clickable) text displayed on a Wikipedia page is different from the title of the page to which the text links
EL4C34 Wiziq Live Session
- Sunday, 24 January 2010, 19:00 PST
- Monday, 25 January 2010, 03:00 Porto, Portugal - a little late for me! :(
Day 6 - Images
- Add images;
- Detailed image formatting (framed, thumbs, captions, placement and size);
- Upload images into my sandbox and my userpage;
Day 7 - Collaborative Editing
- Explore the Recent changes page and how we can monitor every edit in WikiEducator; to explore and edit my own recent changes, go to My contributions
- Take a look at the:
- diff link - difference between revisions
- history link - differences with current or preceding versions, and minor editlinks;
- Learn how to Revert a page to previous versions - done!
Day 8 - Communication and Interaction
- Use the Discussion or Talk pages - go to My Discussion page, or to the eL4C34 Workshop schedule Discussion page
- Explore some useful features like:
- the Watchlist - any future changes to a page on my watchlist, or its associated Talk page, will be listed in my watchlist page;
- the My contributions link.
- Leave a personal message on the User page of at least three different participants:
Day 9 - Pedagogical templates
- Using "instructional devices" (iDevices) as sub-elements of an educational resource;
- Insert a WikiEducator pedagogical template.
Day 10 - Thinking about structure
- Explain the parent - child relationship for creating structured content;
- How to create a sub-page about my cat.