Let's be child again!
I hope like me you also like to read chandamama. Visit: Chandamama site
'To Suffer woes which Hope thinks infinite;
To forget wrongs darker than death or night;
To defy Power, which seems omnipotent;
To love, and bear; to hope till Hope creates
From its own wreck the thing it contemplates...'
'True love in this differs from gold and clay,
That to divide is not to take away...
I never was attached to that great sect
Whose doctrine is, that each one should select
Out of the crowd, a mistress or a friend
And all the rest, though fair and wise, commend
To cold oblivion...'
- 'For rigorous teachers seized his youth
- And purged its faith, and trimmed its fire,
- Showed him the high white star of Truth,
- There bade him gaze, and there aspire;
- Even now their whispers pierce the gloom:
- What dost thou in this living tomb?'
- There are indeed but very few who know how to be idle and innocent, or have a relish of any pleasures that are not criminal.