|Employer:||Barbados Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development|
|Other roles:||Literacy Coordinator (St. Paul's Primary)|
- Teaching Certificate: Erdiston Teachers' College, Barbados
- Bachelor of Arts: University of West Indies,Cave Hill, Barbados
- Master of Education: University of West Indies,Cave Hill, Barbados
- Specialist in Educational Administration: University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.A
I am in the business of stretching minds. As an educator helping children to learn is my main business.
Areas of Interests
- Teaching Reading
- With the fast pace developing technological age, children will be required to access more information from the internet.
- In order to source material they must be able to read. That means unerstanding the information found and determining what is useful for their purpose.
- They must therefore be proficient readers to do this effectively. It is therefore important for schools to place emphasis on building reading skills.
- As educators we must understand that children learn to read by reading. Multiple opportunities should therefore be provided for children to read.
- Teaching Social Studies
- The world is becoming a Global village. Students now interact with persons all around the world with the click of a mouse.
- They must understand cultural differences and similarities in order to interact effectively.
- Teaching the different themes of Social Studies will better enable students to better do this.