|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
|Employer:||Ministry of Education and Sports(Gayaza High School)|
I am Alex Mondo an ardent teacher of English language and Literature in English,a job I have done passionately for over twenty years .I have worked in Girls' schools mainly,although I taught in mixed schols at the inception of my teaching career.Teaching as it were is not an easy task but involves values such as patience, tolerance sympathy, and empathy.I have lived with these values in my career.It is a calling that many dont do comfortably.
ABOUT ALEX MONDO:
- Alex Mondo was born to the late Isaac and Edith Nyende in a rustic society somewhere in Eastern Uganda.In Budaka district to be precise.My parents were purely peasant farmers and had to scratch for a living from the soil.In a family of eight children growing-up well may not be amusing in the face of such socio-economic background.Somehow, I managed to grow up together with my other siblings.Todate only six of us are alive!The others died!
- I enjoy group work especially where consultation abounds.'Kowledge like fire is supposed to be shared' is an old dictum.Team work and collaborative learning does just that.
- I started my primary school in a village as mentioned above.It is interesting to observe that we had to trek long distances in our quest for the much sought education.In spite of the hazards we perservered and made.I too made it.There was no other option but to do just that.
- For my secondary schol education, I went to an urban enviroment all the way from the rural setting as remarked earlier.It was not plain sailing.However, I managed to sail through with a first grade.
GAYAZA HIGH SCHOOL:
- Gayaza High School is my present station of employment.I am proud of being associated with it for the values it underscores both in the teaching fraternity and the student community.:It is also important to note that whereas other schools in Uganda bring up women,in Gayaza we bring up ladies in tandem with our societal ethos.
- These values have definitely had a tremendous impact on the perfomance of the girls both at 'O'and 'A'levels. For emphatic reasons,our school does very well at all front of human endeavors.
- I expect to contribute to the content of my teaching subjects by the end of this workshop through collaborative work
- By the end of this workshop I should have developed a web page.
- T be empowered with information that will enable me get involved in collaborative inetraction world-wide.
- Great to see you in the tutorial, Alex, and to see your user page. Do you have any concerns about the quality of educational resources developed using an open authoring approach? If so, what are your concerns? If not, how does an open authoring approach contribute to high quality learning materials. --Phil Bartle 05:53, 20 June 2009 (UTC)