OER4OS-India: Day 1
- Day 1 of the In-country Training Workshop for Development of Open Educational resources (OER4OS) started with welcome address by Shri M. C. Pant, Chairman, NIOS. Ms Francis Ferreira, Education Specialist, COL presented an overview of the OER workshop. Prof. Ram Takwale, former Vice Chancellor of IGNOU and consultant of COL for this workshop highlighted the importance of Open Educational Resources both in formal and open schooling system.
- In the post Lunch session, the participants spent nearly two hours for 'Project Skills Assessment Task for Materials Development'. The participants identified strength and the weaknesses of an extract from a learning guide on the HIV and AIDS open learning and teaching resource in terms of its instructional design features. Then the participants designed and developed a short learning resource suitable for self study in an open schooling context.
OER4OS-India: Day 2
- Day-2 started with the presentation of Prof.Ram Takwale regarding project output, project outcomes, workshop output and workshop outcomes. This was followed by the teamwise presentation on these issues for OER project.
- In the post lunch session the participants were asked to consider various processes of teaching, learning and evaluating and then identify and design new processes that will lead to quality education to students and simultaneously to quality training/learning of teachers and parents. Dr. Anil Kumar Saini, Prof. Bhudev Sharma, Dr. A. Bakshi, Sh. Manvir Rana, Sh. J.C. Nijhawan, Dr. T. N. Giri, Mrs. Rashmi Malhotra along with her team, Sh. Aditi Ranjan Rout shared the ideas of their team on new teaching learning process.
OER4OS-India: Day 3
- Day-3 began with the presentation of Ms. Frances Ferreira on copyright. She explained various copyright options like all rights reserved and Creative Commons. Then she talked about the OER templates of instructional Design (ID template). The best use of base camp platform was discussed in detail having hands-on practice.
- In the post lunch session Prof. Ram Takwale presented on Constructivist Learning and New Education, Learner Centric and Learning Centric Education, Need and Objective of Content Management and Standardisation. Then the participants were asked to design and develop the content based on any specific concept of their respective subject area on which they will keep on working during the workshop.
OER4OS-India: Day 4
- In the pre-lunch session the participants were asked to develop sample unit for OER in their respective subjects. In the post luch session adetaled discusssion on Taxonomy and Ontology, Multiple Intelgence Theory, Mind mapping and concept mapping. Then the participants were asked to develop the concept map and mind map in their respective subjects.
OER4OS-India: Day 5
- In the morning session the different subject team presented their views on the concept map developed by them. In the post lunch session Prof. Ram Takwale provided detailed instruction on Creating Blueprint and Unitisation in Constructivist Model in a New Education Paradigm. Then the participants were given the task to develp the blueprint of their respective subjects as per guidelines provided.
OER4OS-India: Day 6
- Team work on development of blueprint continued. In the post lunch session It experts presented the features of word processing (MS-word 2007). Dr. Anand Oak also explained some basic features of word processing. At the end of the day, Blueprint of Business Studies was presented by Mr. Manvir Singh Rana – a member of the Business Studies team.
OER4OS-India: Day 7
- Day-7 began with the presentation of Mr. Aditi Ranjan on wikiEducator. Then the teams presented the blueprint of their respective subjects. The participants discussed on the outcomes of each team and latter the group work continued till the end of the day.
(This report is prepared and uploaded by a participant of the OER4OS-India training workshop held from 16-27 Feb 2009 at NIOS, India. This is just an individual view)