The University of Southern Queensland
(USQ) has forged a reputation as one of Australia's leading providers of on-campus and distance education programs, with 75% of all USQ students studying by distance (online) education.
The University's vision is 'to be recognised as a world leader in open and flexible higher education'. USQ has a commitment to provide the 'highest quality educational experiences to students, irrespective of their location or lifestyle' USQ's academic and organisational model is significantly different from many other Australian universities. Progressing from its role as a leading distance education provider, the University has diversified its operations to include a far greater mix of open and flexible programs that meet the education needs of its communities. Read more ...
What we do on WikiEducator
in the Open Education Resource Foundation (OERF), the University of Southern Queensland will:
- host a selection of courses on WikiEducator
- form partnerships to advance the development of eLearning and eResearch
- seek collaboration with others in the eLearning space, especially in relationship to the OER University Project.
USQ joins the OER Foundation as a founding gold member. "One of the most exciting recent developments is OER as seen by WikiEducator. It will change the learning process ...
Prof Bill Lovegrove
, Vice-Chancellor and President of USQ. View video ...
Professor James Taylor
, AM. to lead discussions on the development of a logic model for the OERu
at the open planning meeting
for the OER for assessment and credit for students project (OACS)
, 23 February 2011 (NZSDT). "We aim to create a parallel learning universe to augment and add value to traditional models through effective collaboration networks.
" said Prof Taylor.
OERu discussion group
- OERu international meeting next week - participate virtually to help shape our futures
- Hi everyone The OERu is a radically open and transparent organisation. We will provide a live stream of the plenary sessions of the 2018 OERu international partners' meeting which will take pla...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2018-11-02 08:38:47
- Research on the OERu's approach to open education and its organizational culture
- Dear members of the OERu community, I am conducting a case study to examine the practices involved in open education at the OERu with a focus on instructional design. The case study includes an eth...
- — Dan Dubien 2018-05-08 23:48:23
- OERu's Digital Citizenship micro-course goes live in a week
- Hi everyone, The inaugural offering of Digital Citizenship (LiDA102) - a free online micro-course starts on 4 April 2018. Prospective participants can register online to receive course instructions...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2018-03-27 06:01:50
- Registration open for free Digital Citizenship course and new OERu social media platform
- Hi everyone. A brief update on OERu news (with apology for any cross postings) Digital citizenship micro-course The OERu's free Digital Citizenship (LiDA102) micro-course goes live on 4 April 2...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2018-03-20 02:12:01
- The OERu's Learning in a Digital Age course starts this week
- Hi everyone, Just a quick reminder that the inaugural offering of the OERu’s Learning in a Digital Age open online course starts this week on 14 March 2018. We have participants from +50 countrie...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2018-03-11 06:10:58
- Chang School at Ryerson University becomes OERu's 1st university partner from Ontario
- Hi everyone Excited to announce that The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education at Ryerson University has joined OERu becoming the first teaching institution from Ontario, Canada to join t...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2017-11-08 02:25:33
- Saylor Academy joins forces with OERu
- We're pleased to announce this recent addition to our international network. The Saylor Academy is a pioneer of open education and is a compelling addition to our global network, widening acces...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2017-11-01 01:26:18
- Reminder: OERu International Partners meeting - Remote participants welcome!
- Hi everyone, Just a brief reminder. The 6th international meeting of OERu partners will be held in Toronto on 12 and 13 October 2017. We are focusing on the implementation of our OER 1st year of st...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2017-10-07 21:59:42
- OERu 6th international meeting - Virtual participants welcome
- Hi everyone, The OERu 6th international meeting of partners will be held in Toronto on 12 and 13 October 2017. We are focusing on the implementation of our OER 1st year of study. True to our philos...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2017-10-01 22:42:30
- OERu to launch micro-credentials with pathways to formal credit
- As the OERu prepares for the launch of our 1st year of study, we are pleased to announce our partnership with Edubits. This will enable the OERu to offer micro-credentials with pathways to achievin...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2017-09-09 00:53:25
- Virtual participant registrations for 5th International meeting of OERu partners
- Hi Everyone. The 5th international meeting of OERu partners will be hosted by the University of the Highlands and Islands, 3 - 4 October 2016 in Inverness, Scotland. This meeting will focus on plan...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2016-09-22 09:31:19
- Meet Swinburne University of Technology - OERu's newest partner
- Hi everyone, Good advice from Prof Mike Keppel, PVC (Learning Transformations) at Swinburne University of Technology - our newest OERu partner: "It’s important for the future of OER that we...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2016-09-22 08:29:36
- Creating sustainable futures course prototype for OERu 1st year of study.
- Hi everyone, We have completed the four micro courses for the Creating Sustainable Futures course which is one of the options listed for the OERu 1st year of study. The OERF in collaboration with O...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2016-07-21 02:08:51
- OERu 2016 mid-year report
- Hi everyone (Apology for any duplicate posts) We distributed the OERu 2016 mid-year report to the Vice Chancellors, Presidents and CEOs of the OERu network earlier this week. FYI: I have posted a c...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2016-07-05 23:10:02
- The "Other fifty weeks" podcast - chatting about OERu a little unplugged
- The Adrian Stagg at the University of Southern Queensland is coordinating a new podcast initiative called "The other fifty weeks" aimed at continuing the open discussion outside of open e...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2016-06-02 05:18:58