The Department of Music Education shall be a centre of excellence for the training of music teachers and professional musicians, and be internationally recognized as a centre for the promotion of African Music and Dance.
The Department will inculcate in its products the requisite knowledge and practical skills in music teaching at all pre-tertiary levels of education in Ghana, and also train talented musicians in various areas of music and dance.
The nurturing and tapping of skills of the youth is very important in their psycho-motor development. Every nation is proud of its cultural heritage.
- Music Educators, Ethnomusicologists, experienced Instrumental Teachers and renowned Composers work to design curriculum and compose music.
- Young people as well as music teachers are exposed to the promotion of African Music and Dance.
- Partners with choral groups like the Winneba Youth Choir and the Ebenezer Methodist Junior Choir, Winneba to put up performances nationwide and internationally.
- Offering master classes in Choral, Military band, Dance band and African Dance Directing.
- Offering master classes in African drumming and dance and connected concerts in Europe during autumn term.
- In close collaboration with ICAMD, PATAG, MUSIGA and serve on various church organizations and music departments.