UBC/CSL/Workshop Materials/April23 2009
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
DRAFT Agenda for Thursday April 23rd: 5:30-7pm
- having participants brainstorm and write a purpose statement
- define some rules of engagement for the site
- define next steps/how to seed the site with content
Timeline & Activities
Welcome and How we got here
- website will be projected on the screen (all participants will have seen the website before coming to this meeting)
- outline what the agenda is for the meeting
(: Propose making this activity 5 min.Randy Fisher 12:59, 21 April 2009 (UTC))
- Say name, and one thing about the website that you like or are excited about etc.
(: Where's the discussion about the (1) website; and (2) survey? Randy Fisher 13:04, 21 April 2009 (UTC))
5:50 Activity 1: Defining Purpose statement/ tagline (30 min)
A. As a larger group brainstorm what words come to mind when you think about describing this community and this website and its purpose (write down on paper and the put on flip chart)
B. Danielle to give examples of other website purposes
C. Split in small groups: one group focuses on brainstorming ideas for the “about us” tab, the other for the front page.
D. we present to each other
6:20 Activity 2: Defining rules of engagement (20 min?)
1. As a larger group, deciding what should be put on the website in terms of rules of engagement.
- not sure how I want to do this yet
6:40 Wrap up and next steps
* what content they could seed this with (do a spotlight for themselves and their project) (: I'm thinking that this "content" focus could be quite interesting.... let's talk about it; the other items will flow naturally from the 'content focus )
- what roles people want to play in this (mentors?)
- discuss the idea of training
- -next steps (v1.1) this will be ready for the May “unveiling”- talk about who will be invited to this etc.