Tuvalu/Maths/Topic 3: Equation
At the end of the lesson students should be able to solve simple equations.
- Solve simple equation
- ind value of unknown number
- Mathematics Syllabus and curriculum for Class 8 - Page 8
- 40 minutes (1 lesson)
- Copy and complete the solution for these equations:
- a + 5 = 13
- b - 9 = 7
- Put a pronumeral in place of the unknown number
- Use the information in the problem to form an equation
- Solve the equation to find the value of the unknown number.
- A farmer added 12 piglets, which he bought at a sale. He has 35 pigs in the pig-sty. How many pigs did he have before he bought some more?
- Mark students work.
- Ask students to work out the exercises on the blackboard
- Identify students who have not achieve the lesson, go over the same activity by guiding them through.