To be able to use tour brochures to prepare quotes for domestic and international bookings
Understanding tour brochures
- Familiarise yourself with the Trafalgar 2010 Europe and Britian brochure
- Provide answers for the following questions
- Five benefits of travelling with Trafalgar tours
- Four discount schemes they provide for clients
- Name the different styles of tours they operate e.g. Train tours
Terms and Conditions
- Your clients Mr and Mrs B Douglas would like to know amount of deposit to be paid, when it is to be paid and when the balance of payment would be due.
- What are the details they should know if they have to cancel their booking?
- What is not included on your tour?
- What currency is quoted in the brochure?
- Is there a price guarantee? If so, please provide details.
- Susan Bills who wishes to travel to Prague has about 10 days, and wants a leisurely tour. She can be in Prague by the 02 May. She does not want to share a room.
- Terence Hill who is a train enthusiast and also wishes to see the sights of Italy. Any departure in May would suit him. He would like to share a room if possible.
- Mr and Mrs B. Grant who wish to visit Italy, France, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium and would like to experience a Rhine Cruise and the TGV train. They have approximately 2 weeks of their holiday to spend in Europe and can depart in June.
Domestic New Zealand tour brochure
Using the anzcro New Zealand Book 2009-2010 provide quotations for the following clients:
- Mr D. Timu who wants to visit the South Island glaciers in June. He has stated he wants to do a harbour cruise and a double decker bus tour in Dunedin and has approximately 8 days holiday. He would prefer good quality accommodation.
- Stephanie Baines would like to walk to Milford Track in November - she is willing to share a bunk room
- Provide details of deposits required and when full payment due for these bookings.
- Provide details of Cancellation/amendment fees that will apply.