Mbl911K Assignment 01
Last edit: 07:37, 2 March 2009
- Go over the question and follow the given instructions i.e number of pages and also mark allocation can give you a guide line on the content.
- Plagarism is a forbidden act and this will have a negative impct on the group.
- Referencing it can only be and it has to be Harvard style so when submitting your work please make sure you reference.
- There are eight of us and the question consists of 5 sections so l hve allocated the work according to the section demands like marks allocated and number of pages.
- The due date for submitting this assignment is 14/03/09.
- The company we have selected is Commonwealth Secretariate where selected company reference is required you should work closely with Victor.
- Introduce the Commonwealth Secretariate as as per question requirements(10 marks)-Victor
- Define workforce diversity please remember he cancelled section three because it was similar to section 2-Shumi
- Describe at least 5 benefits and with reference to the company we have chosen which of these benefits does the company enjoy?-Hermanus
- Consult at least one recent textbook on how diversity in the workplace should be managed-Shungu
- Still on the same section you compare the mangement practices of the selected organisation and with those of the textbook-Akachi
- Indicate where the company falls short and where the authors are understimating the complexity of te company you have selected- Shungu and Akachi.
- Scientific evidence of diversity management you guys you will work out you will tackle this section-Luisa and Hove.
- What have you learnt from the assignment and your suggestions on what Commonwealth Secretariate should focus on in terms of diversity management?-Kago
--Shungunyoni 21:19, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
(: NOTE!! discussions ongoing Victor)
Victor give us a general --Shungunyoni 18:29, 1 March 2009 (UTC)overview of the diverse culture of the Commonwealth Secretariate of course with question 1 in mind
I reply to Hermanus, The Commonwealth doesn’t have a WORKPLACE diversity management Plan. We have rather several programmes assisting member countries to incorporate diversity in their programmes and agencies. Our Secretariat however has staff members from over 37 of the 53 member countries and citizens of all countries (whether big or small) have an equal opportunity of working in the Commonwealth Secretariat.
Can you direct me to a company website, company policies etc etc etc. that would be helpfull in deciding how divers your compny is?
--Hermanus Louw 18:57, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
Any luck with the benefits of work force diversity. please take note of the word at list l will try to send some and then you reconcile.--Shungunyoni 19:07, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
http://www.thecommonwealth.org/Internal/167646/167706/workplace_diversity/ is what i have for the Commonwealth but there is rather very little there. My write-up should be ready for all by tomorrow noon.
hi. a bit challenged with this. victor, you will help with the management practice of the commonwealth. may be you send the resources through email, so ican commence work.
shungu, lets exchange email within the week to compare notes
Ok guys it looks to me like internet access is severely hampering our communications tonight. I would like to point out the following and say that the discussions should not stop here. Akachi, as group secretary, please summarise all that’s been said tonight and email to all of us end of day tomorrow. I will be contacting people tomorrow about MBL911K and MBL912L assignments with follow up queries and remarks. The team charter is another issue that needs to take precedence this week and I will be contacting all about this.
Then on another matter, I would like to stress that emails are the primary means of communication and that when information is found or placed on EDS or Wiki the rest of the team is informed via email. Please guys make an effort to read you emails every day and respond to all and every email regarding you, this way will we be sure that the person who the email is intended for has read it. Also note that my primary email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and will constantly be responding via this address. My gmail account can thus be overlooked for a couple of days as I can not access it as frequently.
--Hermanus Louw 19:05, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
Yes, the internet has been hell! Luisa's power just went off in the course of discussions. I however think we all need some more orientation on how to use this discussion board. We need CHAIRING, as well as TREAD CONSISTENCY. I see Kaygo and Shumi replying far down to other treads and Akachi starting multiple new ones and Joachim replying somewhere esle, etc. - its all expected espcially as this is our first try. I will call everybody during the week for some more tutorials.
I dont know if Shungu want to wrap up with expected timelines for receiving documents from members now?!
--Victor P. K. Mensah 19:14, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
Great yea thank Victor, I think that we should have this write up tutorial that you are doing in the Team Charter and that we should all be on the same page. Ok guys I will be in contact with all of you over the next couple of days. Shungu, I will have some information for you within the next two days, remember, a draft version for further discussion is to be placed on the EDS by the 3rd of March 2009. Sorry to leave you but it is almost 11:30 here and I have to up by 5 again.
Cheers and all the best. HL
--Hermanus Louw 19:19, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
Hermanus, I will speak to you tomorrow abou the next assignment - hopefully you can assign me a key role.
Hi Hermanus, regarding the project charter, I have seen a lot of us sent you the comments, please submitt the first draft to the team for approval before you send it to Kriek. You sent an email to Kriek with some questions what was the reply? You will also need to inform him that because of the new members we got last week we will only submit during this week.--Luisaserra 19:24, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
I guess i will be signing out. using a cyber cafe, there are about closing for the day. hopefully, i will install internet at home this week.
it been nice charting online with everyone. though i still require tutorials to catch up.
have a wonderful week ahead.
Yes we are still online, at least Hermanus, Luisa, Shungu, Kago, Akachi, Jeremiah and myself.
I expect Shungu to be wrapping up shortly by now. I have been trying to call her phone to no avail. But we will have a chat and i can assure you, our meeting next week will go far better.
--Victor P. K. Mensah 19:35, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
Hi Lions, Shungu is out the internet has dropped her. I believe we can call it a day for the first dicussion. I will be sending an email about today and see progress in the next one.--Luisaserra 19:44, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
--Kay go 19:41, 1 March 2009 (UTC)i still am, any ideas on how we are to avoid the mayhem in future discussions?
My suggestion would be for people to circulate draft documents, which we then discuss and make contribution. Hopefully this may bring in efficiencies to the process.
Kago & Jeremiah, I agree this has not been very good, but back in RSA some of the things that happened today were highlighted. I am doing an email which I hope will bring clarity and process in the future. I believe we can call it a day for now--Luisaserra 19:47, 1 March 2009 (UTC)