Lions, the long and short is this:
- On the 2nd of July there will be a luncheon at the school (Our Event)
- Thanks to Luisa’s influence we have co-joined our event to Coca-Cola’s Corporate Social Responsibility day.
- Donors in the form of NGO’s have/are being invited to meet the school leaders and find ways to address the different needs they have.
- Coca-Cola are giving the school a motorbike with a small trailer. This is our first/only donation thus far.
- A newsletter to be used as a marketing tool for the school and event has been e-mailed to all of us. Lions members are to use it to solicit for donations in their various circles. This is important, even if the donations come after the event.
- I may not be able to attend the event though…Am still trying to make a plan to join Luisa. Everything has happened so fast and I was hoping it would be a weekend event…and its not. Shungu or anyone else are you able to attend?
- The communications manager at Coca Cola has been greatly assisting us with this event. We will need to get contributions from the “Lions treasury” to buy her a thank you gift.
This is the basic plan. I invite any comments.
your team has done tremendously very well on this assignment. getting coca cola to be part of it is show stopper and surely give the added leverage on the event.we will do our best to see how we source funds to support the project.
What a wonderful newsletter you have. Was it a Lions production? Excellent. When should all donations come in and how?
Newsletter was i 100% Lions production...In fact we should put a copyright sign with a lions logo!! Which donations Victor...for the gift or for Salama?
- If for Salama...we have to deal with them on a case by case. There will be issues like currencies etc to deal with.
- If for the gift I'll let you know a little later this week.
--Shumimlingo 16:54, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
We didn't forget your idea Akachi. Invitation preparation time was a bit tight Akachi. Details of the event and date were released late last week. On the last page of the Newsletter, we've put an invitation. Our idea was this would cater for the lack of a formal invite --Shumimlingo 16:58, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
l know l had made a commitment in SA to attend one of these functions provided it falls on a weekend l have exhausted my leave days at work because of my son,s condition,l still have to take him for a check up in sa on 8july 2009.--Shungunyoni 16:54, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
shungu, your son is sick? please take care of him, if your schedule does allow you to attend the event
ok Shungu...much understood. --Shumimlingo 16:59, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
Shumi I am happy with the newsletter. Thats some great stuff.