At the end of this session, the participant will be able to:
- explain the importance of understanding the learner in the learning process
- explore barriers to learning that learners present
- define ways in which knowledge of the learner can be used to facilitate learning
The learner refers to your students in the rich diversity in which they appear in your classroom. It is imperative to understand who they are and what motivates them to be able tocreate the kind of enviroment in whihc their learngn will be facilitated.
- Write down THREE characteristics of your students that you believe will help them to learn in your course
- Write down THREE characterisitcs that your students possess that you believe prevents them from learning in your course