The Anatomy and Physiology of Animals/Directional Terms Worksheet 1/Worksheet 1 Answers
Insert the missing directional terms:
- 1. The head is cranial to the tail
- 2. The spinal cord is medial to the vertebral column.
- 3. The thumb is distal to the elbow.
- 4. The humerus is proximal to the ulna.
- 5. The lungs are lateral to the heart.
- 6. The dorsal aorta is ventral to the vertebral column.
- 7. The lumbar vertebrae are caudal to the thoracic vertebrae.
- 8. The scapula is dorsal to the clavicle.
- 9. The bladder is caudal/ventral to the small intestine.
- 10. The oesophagus is dorsal/caudal to the trachea.
- 11. The tibia is cranial to the fibula
- 12. The patella is cranial to the knee joint.
- 13. The pelvic girdle is lateral to the vagina.
- 14. The intestines are caudal to the liver.
- 15. The nasal cavity is rostral to the mouth
- 16. The heart is medial to the elbow.
- 17. The heart is cranial to the stomach
- 18. The atlas vertebra is cranial to the axis vertebra
- 19. The fibula is distal to the femur
- 20. The radius is proximal to the phalanges