Tertiary Learning Advisors
Here is a list of study skills required by tertiary students. Click on any blue item to go to activities and resources to develop these skills. These pages have been created by members of the Association of Tertiary Learning Advisors of Aotearoa/New Zealand (ATLAANZ). Visit the ATLAANZ website at:Association of Tertiary Learning Advisors of Aotearoa New Zealand
Academic Writing Skills
- Improving your English spelling
- Improving your English grammar
- Improving your English punctuation
- Common Errors in English\
- replace complex words with simple words - ie How to write in plain English.
- What makes a good essay
- Essay Writing Skills
- Researching Information Skills
- Referencing using APA
- Annotated bibliography - This unit will introduce you to the annotated bibliography.
- Proofreading the essay
Improving your Reading
- Thinking Skills
- Literature review - This unit will help you understand the purpose of a literature review.
- Case study - This unit will introduce you to the Case Study.
- Research Report - This unit will introduce you to the Scientific or Business Research Report including the purpose and structure of a research report.
- ESOL Web Resources
- Digital information literacy