This is an "issue template" useful for issue trackers and progress monitors on tasks etc. colour coded for priority, effort required and progress/status.
- |title=<your title>
- |status=Description of status/progress.
- |priority=<colour name> <or label (see Template:PriorityColour)>
- |effort=<colour name> <or label (see Template:EffortColour)>
- |progress=<colour name> <or label (see Template:ProgressColour)>
- your comments and discussion go here
Effort: none trivial easy routine tricky difficult unknown done
Priority: high medium low
not started on hold ahead on track behind in trouble
The colour behind the title matches the progress colour. Custom keyword colours may be added to the colour templates mentioned above under usage.
- If replacing a page with this template instead of Template:Issue first check that WikiEducator has Template:ProgressColour (perhaps redirect to Template:StatusColour). Check for consistency.
- Make the default not collapsed and added a parameter to set this.
- Use collapsible tables.
- Have the colour of the top left cell indicate the priority of the task, the title cell background colour to indicate the amount of effort the task might require, and add a thin right column whose colour indicates status/progress.
- Allow users of the template indicate by labels rather than colours via "look-up templates" (i.e. indicate priority as "high" rather than "red", etc. In this way, the colour schemes may be edited in one place without having to edit all the instances of its use.
- Include a last row summarising the colour indications for those who cannot see them.
The template is used in conjunction with the following templates which lookup colours associated with relevant labels for priority, effort required and status/progress:
This template was originally based on Template:Issue