Template:Confirm email nav
The #1 Reason why new users experience difficulty (with WikiEducator) is that the WikiEducator Account Registration process is not fully completed.
To Complete Your WE Account Registration, you must Confirm or Verify Your Email Address.
This action will enable you to receive emails, notifying them of changes to your pages, or pages you are watching.
Then wiki collaboration - and fun - can begin!
- If you have sent your User Name and Password to Your Facilitator, s/he will verify whether or not you have CONFIRMED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.
- If you have NOT, s/he will send a CONFIRMATION EMAIL to your email address (i.e., Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, or some other email service)
- This Confirmation Email will come from "ERIK MOELLER" <email@example.com> (Erik is one of our WikiAdministrators)
- Read the message- from ERIK MOELLER, "firstname.lastname@example.org" Subject: WikiEducator e-mail address confirmation
Someone, probably you, from IP address....has registered an account "XXXX" with this e-mail address on WikiEducator. To confirm that this account really does belong to you and activate e-mail features on WikiEducator, open the hyperlink (underlined) in your browser.
- If the Email is not in your Inbox, please check your Spam or Trash folder, because sometimes email messages are found there.
- Email Your Facilitator: An important part of the wiki experience is collaboration - and knowing when your pages are changed and enhanced by someone else. If you have access to an Instant Messaging, Chat, or Skype service, be sure to add notify your Facilitator - because s/eh can coach you while you're both online!
- Make sure you have CONFIRMED YOUR WIKIEDUCATOR IDENTITY FIRST
- Email Your Registered User Name & Password to your Facilitator -(s/he will review your WE settings). You can change your Password at the end of the course
- Wait until you hear from your Facilitator