This consists of an introductory session whereby learners will
- Familiarise themselves with what Summary care records are and how they work
and a second session using Who Sees What?,a game developed by the Democracy and Participation team at the New Economics Foundation.
This focuses on four questions:
- How should the NHS handle consent for electronic patient record?
- Who should be allowed to look through patient records to find participants for clinical trials?
- When should the NHS share records with researchers that want to use them for ethically approved research?
- What access should patients have to their records?