Staff Capability OP Resources/Plan your development
Plan your development
- What do you want/need to learn? - Identify your goal.
- What is your objective?
The SMART guidelines are very useful to framing your goal or objective.
- Achievable/ Actionable
- Relevant/ Realistic
- Time Framed
- How to you intend to achieve the learning?
- What will your actions be?
- What time settings will you put around those actions?
- When do you aim to have achieved your goal?
- What do you need to enable you to learn?
- What are your resources?
- Where will you find them?
- Who can support and encourage your learning?
- How will you make the most of that support?
- What are the barriers (if any) to your learning?
- How you will avoid or overcome those barriers?
- How will you know you have learned what you wanted/needed to learn?
- What can you show as an output of that learning?
- What will demonstrate that you have achieved your goal?
After considering these four areas a plan can then be recorded in whatever format works best for you. Below is an example of a useful table.
- WorldWork Ltd. (2012). Step 3 - A SMART Action Plan. Personal Development Plan. Retrieved from http://worldwork.biz/legacy/www/downloads/Personal_Development_Plan.pdf p.3.