Character and characterisation
|Sections in this topic:|
|Character and Characterisation||Dramatis Personae | Characterisation|
- Escalus, Prince of Verona.
- Paris, a young Count, kinsman to the Prince.
- Montague, heads of two houses at variance with each other.
- Capulet, heads of two houses at variance with each other.
- Romeo, son to Montague.
- Tybalt, nephew to Lady Capulet.
- Mercutio, kinsman to the Prince and friend to Romeo.
- Benvolio, nephew to Montague, and friend to Romeo
- Friar Laurence, Franciscan.
- Friar John, Franciscan.
- Balthasar, servant to Romeo.
- Abram, servant to Montague.
- Sampson, servant to Capulet.
- Gregory, servant to Capulet.
- Peter, servant to Juliet's nurse.
- An Apothecary.
- Three Musicians.
- An Officer.
- Lady Montague, wife to Montague.
- Lady Capulet, wife to Capulet.
- Juliet, daughter to Capulet.
- Nurse to Juliet.
- Citizens of Verona; Gentlemen and Gentlewomen of both houses; Maskers, Torchbearers, Pages, Guards, Watchmen, Servants, and Attendants.
|Character||Brief description:||How do they change?||What are their main contributions?||Characteristation|
|Romeo||[What kind of person is he?]||[How does he change?]||[His main contributions]||[Comment on how he is developed]|