School of Engineering
- Dean - Okore-hanson
Engineering is the profession which has the greatest influence on both the careful use of the earth's resources and improving the quality of life. A Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering at Koforidua Polytechnic will educate you in a broad creative and humane discipline with excellent practical competence not paralleled by any local polytechnic.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims of the School are:
- To develop well-directed departments whose teaching and exercises develop students' thought processes by helping him to:
- Find answers to real problems
- Apply knowledge and skills
- Mend or create something new
- Make value judgments
- To make both students and lecturer s aware of their contribution through engineering practice to the well being of society and Ghana
- To stimulate research.
The Engineering faculty facilities are revolutionary and the faculty has a high maintenance culture. Moreover, the faculty looks forward to the additional ultra modern three (3) wing five (5) storey complex which could accommodate all the faculties of the School.
The School of Engineering provides students with textbooks for each course. This is matched with an ever growing excellent library resource both print and electronic. Students have access to a huge data-base of e-journals, either from terminals in the library or from the well furnished computer laboratories. The Engineering School is the only School with its well-defined library facility directly attached to the School.