The purpose of this activity is to explore how the adoption of personalised learning might require the current education system to change.
| In groups of 4 or 5 you are going to reflect on what needs to change in your teaching, your school, the national education system and your learners. Your facilitator will give you more detailed instructions - what follows is a summary and may be useful for sharing with your own staff.
- By yourself and without talking to others write down on 'stickies' what needs to change in your teaching, your school, the national education system and your learners to enable personalised learning. Write down one thought per sticky.
- The next bits hard to explain in writing but easy to do! We'll take 'What needs to change with your teaching first'. In your group, one person starts off by placing a sticky on the paper.
- The next person chooses one of their own stickies that is similar and places it next to the first sticky. This carries on from person to person in your group until no more 'similar stickies' can be placed.
- At this point, the person who would go next can start a new thread... and the process continues.
- When all the stickies have been placed for 'What needs to change with your teaching first', as a group see if any meta groupings of thoughts can take place.
- The group now needs to decide on a category name or label for each meta-thought.
- Continue the process of aggregating thoughts for what needs to change in your school, the national education system and your learners.
- Your facilitator will lead the whole group aggregation.
- The process concludes with a group mini-dot voting of the most important thoughts!