Any questions you may have after viewing this infomation please raise them with your math teacher Mr.mark.
A relation can be represented:
- using an algebraic expression
- by use of a relation/mapping/arrow diagram
- as a graph
- as a set of ordered pairs
There are 4 types of relations:
- one to one mapping.(1-1)
- many to one mapping. (M-1)
- one to many mapping. (1-M)
- many to many mapping. (M-M)
A function is a relation in which one or more numbers in the domain is mapped onto only one and only one number in the range. Thus a function maybe:
- a one to one mapping or
- a many to one mapping
Hey! Want to try a game? Click playgame
Please click next, then start on the new page.