Reading Skills/Activities/Reading in depth
Reading in depth is about reading for understanding or to comprehend what the author has written.
There are various strategies used for reading in depth. For example:
- Read (a paragraph or a section)
- Ask yourself some questions about what you have just read
- Put the answers in your own words (and make notes if you need)
- Imagine the scene you have just read about
- Describe it to yourself
- Add more detail as you read
- reading for comprehension - the information on this link includes some useful hints and tips.