Publications of Monisha
1. R Lal, M Khanna, H Kaur, N Srivastava, K K Tripathi, and S Lal. 1995. Rifamycins: strain improvement program. Critical Reviews in Microbiology. 21: 19-30.
2. R Lal, R Khanna, H Kaur, M Khanna, N Dhingra, S Lal, K H Gartemann, R Eichenlaub, and P K Ghosh. 1996. Engineering antibiotic producers to overcome the limitations of classical strain improvement programs. Critical Reviews in Microbiology. 22: 201-255.
3. R Lal, R Khanna, N Dhingra, M Khanna, and S. Lal. 1998. Development of an improved cloning vector and transformation system in Amycolatopsis mediterranei (Nocardia mediterranei). Journal of Antibiotics 51: 161-169.
4. M Khanna, M Dua, and R Lal. 1998. Selection of suitable marker genes for the development of cloning vectors and electroporation in different strains of Amycolatopsis mediterranei. Microbiological Research. 153: 205-211.
5. D Tuteja, M Dua, R Khanna, N Dhingra, M Khanna, H Kaur, D M Saxena, and R Lal. 2000. The importance of homologous recombination in the generation of large deletions in hybrid plasmids in Amycolatopsis mediterranei. Plasmid. 43(1): 1-11.
6. Abstract published in “Microbiology: The challenges ahead” for the 47th Annual Conference of the Association of the Microbiologists of India, held at Bhopal, from December 6-8 2006. Abstract entitled “Isolation and characterization of actinomycetes and analysis of their antibacterial potential” Monisha Khanna and Rup Lal.
7. Published an article in Indian Journal of Microbiology Vol 46, No. 4, December 2006, p 413- Research News on “ Nanoorganisms: Smallest form of life got smaller”, R.Lal, S.Jit, M.Verma, M.Dadhwal, A.Singh, O.Prakash, P.Sharma, and Monisha Khanna.
8. Abstract entitled “Streptomyces SL-2 and Streptomyces SL-4 spp. nov., two novel species from a sanitary landfill soil” Monisha Khanna and Rup Lal, has been accepted by the 14th International Symposium on the Biology of Actinomycetes, held from 26-30 August 2007, at Newcastle upon Tyne and Gateshead, UK.
9. Published an article in Indian Journal of Microbiology Vol 47, June 2007, p 98-108 “Polyphasic approach of bacterial classification- An overview of recent advances”, O.Prakash, M.Verma, P.Sharma, M.Kumar, K.Kumari, A.Singh, H.Kumari, S.Jit, S.K.Gupta, Monisha Khanna and R.Lal.
10. Abstract published in “Microbiology: The challenges ahead” for the 48th Annual Conference of the Association of the Microbiologists of India, held at Chennai, from December 18-21, 2007. Abstract entitled “Soil actinomycetes and their antibacterial and antifungal potential” Renu Solanki, Monisha Khanna and Rup Lal.
11. Review article entitled “Bioactive compounds from marine actinomycetes” Renu Solanki, Monisha Khanna and Rup Lal. Communicated to Indian Journal of Microbiology.
12. Authored a chapter on “Amphibia”, in the E-Book entitled Animal Diversity: Chordata for National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (NISCAIR).
As a Referee for the Indian Journal of Microbiology, I have also reviewed the following research papers and review articles:
A. Reviewed the article entitled “Impact of pesticides on soil microbiological parameters and possible bioremediation strategies. A.Chowdhury, S.Pradhan, M.Saha, and N.Sanyal, Department of Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Sciences, University of Calcutta” for Indian Journal of Microbiology, December 2007.
B. Reviewed the article entitled “Metagenomics in animal gastrointestinal ecosystem: a microbiological and biotechnological perspective. B.Singh, T.K.Bhat, N.P.Kurade and O.P.Sharma, Animal Biotechnology Lab Regional Station, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Palampur” for Indian Journal of Microbiology, January 2008.
C. Reviewed the article entitled “Phylogeny vs genome reshuffling: Horizontal gene transfer” S.Lal, S.Cheema and V.C.Kalia. Microbial Biotechnology and Genomics, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR), Delhi University Campus, Mall Road, Delhi 110 007; for Indian Journal of Microbiology, January 2008.
D. Reviewed the article entitled “Antimicrobial activity of Indigofera tinctoria. L”. V.N. Jisha and S.Benjamin. Biotechnology Division, Department of Botany, University of Calicut, Kerela India; for Indian Journal of Microbiology, February 2008.
E. Reviewed the article entitled “Marine blue green alga: Microorganism of bioactive potential” S. Kosta, R.Jain, and A.Tiwari. Department of Biotechnology, Dr. H.S. Gour University, Sagar, India; for Indian Journal of Microbiology, March 2008.
F. Reviewed the article entitled “Antimicrobial endophytic fungal assemblages inhabiting bark of Taxus baccata L. of Indo-Burma mega biodiversity hotspot” K.Tayung and D.K.Jha. Department of Botany, Microbiological Laboratory, Gauhati University, Guwahati, India; for Indian Journal of Microbiology, March 2008.
G. Reviewed the article entitled “Inhibitory effect of Triphala on methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus and their enzymes” S.Kirubanadan, V.K.Bajpai and M.S.Kumar Department of Biological Science and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India; for Indian Journal of Microbiology, April 2008.
H. Reviewed the article entitled “General microflora, arbuscular mycorrhizal colonization and occurrence of endophytes in rhizosphere of 2 age groups of Gingkgo biloba L. of Indian Central Himalaya” A.Kumar, S.Singh and A.Pandey. Microbiology Laboratory, G.B.Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment and Development, Almora, Uttarakhand, India; for Indian Journal of Microbiology, April 2008.