Principles of marketing/PMKT101/Marketing products and services/Marketing products skills challenge tasks
- In your Learning Journal Blog, share your thoughts, reflections and direct experience about marketing, using the following questions to guide you:
- Consider the role that marketing plays - Is it important? Why / Why not?
- How can organizations use an effective understanding of marketing to increase awareness and promote their products and services?
- Is marketing of products different than marketing of services and in what way? Explain.
- How does marketing differ now vs. 20 years ago with the advent of digital marketing and social media and networks? Does this create new challenges / opportunities? Explain.
- How might marketing differ depending on location, for example between a developed country and a developing country? Does it depend on the product or service, or culture or resources of the organization? Explain.
- Identify two blogs from the list of marketing blogs provided on the previous page (or find them yourself with an internet search OR, you can find a company you are interested in, and check out their blog.)
- Review the two marketing blogs you have identified and share your thoughts about what makes them effective (or not effective).
- Reference the blogs you have identified by providing a link to their web-pages.
- Respond constructively to at least two of your peers / colleagues who have made blog posts. Look in the Course Feed to find their post.