Prepare and serve hot and cold non alcholic beverages
People credited with this unit standard are able to prepare for service of hot and cold non-alcoholic drinks, and serve hot and cold non-alcoholic drinks in a commercial environment.
This unit is used in the following courses
Prepare for service of hot and cold non-alcoholic drinks in a commercial environment
- Sufficient ingredients, drinks, and drink accompaniments are stored and maintained in designated place, at correct temperature for drinks service, in accordance with establishment requirements and legislation.
- Service equipment is kept clean, operational, and ready for use in a timely manner for service in accordance with establishment and drink requirements.
Range: equipment may include but is not limited to – hotplates, water heating equipment, coffee and tea pots, glassware, cutlery, crockery, temperature control units.
Serve hot and cold non-alcoholic drinks in a commercial environment
- Information on drinks is provided to customer on request, and drink requirements are confirmed with the customer
- Customer drink requirements are processed in accordance with establishment requirements
- Hot and cold non-alcoholic drinks are made in accordance with customer request and establishment requirements.
- Drinks are served at correct temperature for drink, using correct service equipment and accompaniments in accordance with establishment requirements.
Range: equipment – tea and coffee serving equipment, cutlery, crockery, glassware.
- Drinks are served to customers in accordance with customer order in a manner and timeframe that optimises drink and service quality.
- establishment requirements – any policy, procedure, or agreed requirement, either written or oral, that is made known to the candidate prior to assessment against this unit standard.
- customers – able, differently abled; adults, children, elderly people, people with differing cultural heritage.
- accompaniments – ice, cordial, garnish, straw, sugar, milk; drinks – tea, filter and/or plunger coffee, hot chocolate, aerated soft drinks, non-aerated soft drinks, juice, water, milk-based drinks.