Practice Context/e-Learning activities/Exploring Te Reo and Tikaka.
e-Learning activity summary
|Title:||Exploring Te Reo and Tikaka.|
|4 - 5 hours|
|Explore your understanding of Te Reo and Tikaka.|
|Stimulus: Te Tauākī Ako: Our Ako Framework Read the tertiary learning and teaching framework from Ako Aotearoa that supports Māori learners and educators and informs how we work for all learners. NB: Translate the words"the organisation" to the name of your own tertiary institution.|
:1. Reflect on Te Tauākī Ako: Our Ako Framework
- Consider the following questions:
- Which areas of the framework do you connect most strongly with?
- Which areas of the framework do you feel most unsure about?
- What would make a difference for you in being able to apply the framework to your own work environment?
- 2. Talk with colleagues
- Talk further with colleagues and explore their thoughts on Māori language and cultural practices and how they see these applying to their teaching practice.
- Reflect on these discussions. How do your colleagues view points differ from each other and from your own thinking? Note your reflections in your learning journal.
- 3. Reflect on what you know
- Reflect on what you initially recorded in the activity for What do you know about Te Reo and tikaka?
- Do you have more that you can now add to those notes?
- Consider - Where are the gaps in your knowledge? Identify what you would like to know more about?
- 4. Plan for learning more
- Explore ways that you can learn more about Te Reo and tikaka.
- Does your employer support you undertaking courses in Te Reo and tikaka?
- Find out how you can access courses locally.
- List actions you intend to take to expand your understanding around Te Reo and tikaka, including a planned timeframe.
- Ako Aotearoa. (2011). Te Tauākī Ako: Our Ako Framework. Retrieved from http://akoaotearoa.ac.nz/ako-hub/our-work-m%C4%81ori-educators-and-learners/resources/pages/te-tau%C4%81k%C4%AB-ako-our-ako-framework